Samsung 850 pro or Samsung 850 evo?

Made In Canada

Ok, so i have been looking at getting a SSD for my PC and saw the Samsung 840 pro, it looked great and was one of the top sold SSD's.  But afterward, i found out there was a Samsung 850 pro and samsung 850 evo.  Usually the higher the number, the better,  so i looked into it and found these points.  One thing i found was how the evo is getting more software updates, but the pro had more SATA high speed storage and that the pro has better benchmarks.  I am not worried if my SSD gets updates (unless they make it better than the pro)  but i want to hear some advise from other people. Also, should i get 128gb storage or 256gb storage for the SSD.  I am planning on getting some of the new games for PC and was wondering how much storage to get.  Any advise would be appreciated.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

I really suggest getting 250GB of SSD storage, since its not that expensive and so worth it. Wishing that I also had 250GB

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

850 evo

there wouldn't really be much point getting the pro

theres basically no speed advantage...and reliability is basically the same

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Get a 250gb 850 EVO, i am also wishing i got 250gb although when i bought my SSD it was close to £100. 

@Made In Canada

The 850 Pros are usually too expensive for the little advantage they have. 850 Evo is all you need (maybe even more than you need) - and I'd say 250 GB, if you plan on installing a game or two on there as well, next to the OS and other programs.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

I have 256GB PRO and I'm quite happy with it.

Wanted top drive at time and saw benchmarks which show better performance and endurance cause of MLC. It costed somewhat more which wasn't a bother.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |