Mirror entire desktop with Steam In-Home Streaming

Aniallation

Want to remotely access one computer in the house with another, without going through the hassle of something like TeamViewer, and you're already familiar with Steam IHS?

Steam IHS info: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3629-RIAV-1617

How to enable IHS: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-set-up-steam-in-home-streaming-on-your-pc/

Simply go to your games menu, click "Add a game" and add a non-Steam game.

PFkLF5r.png

In the window that pops up asking you to select a "game", scroll to the bottom, check WordPad, and click "Add selected programs".

Now on your other computer that you wish to stream to, go to your Steam games list, click WordPad, and click stream.

Simply minimize WordPad manually on the native PC, and your entire desktop, including audio, will be streamed and can be controlled.

"Rawr XD"

You can also use Remote Desktop...

@Aniallation great little guide. I've heard of this trick before.

However, I see literally zero benefits to using this. Windows built in RDP might be a little daunting (especially when dealing with Firewalls), but Teamviewer itself, as an example, is incredibly easy to use, and much more versatile for general remote desktop management. It has way more useful features (Such as: Create an account and add all your computers to a list, so you can easily access any of them, or even the ability to gain remote access before the user is logged in (You'll still need to know what the local Username and password is in this case).

Still, quite neat to know that Steam can do this.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You can also use Remote Desktop...

Or teamviewer. Remote desktop has oddly never worked for me.

Or teamviewer. Remote desktop has oddly never worked for me.

I found Remote Desktop to run the best because it's local, not going through servers.

I use it on my iPad.

I found Remote Desktop to run the best because it's local, not going through servers.

I use it on my iPad.

With Teamviewer, once Authentication is complete, the actual Desktop session is streamed over your LAN in a local environment.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)