Super Strong Robot able to carry more than 100x its own weight (up the wall).

WereCat

So, I just found this article and I checked if it was already posted here trough google but havent seen it here so hopefully this is not repost.

SOURCE: http://dsl.sk/article.php?article=16933

Team of scientist from Standford University created robots that can carry extreme weights (compared to its size and own weight) up the walls thanks to suction. This robot was inspired by observing gekons and caterpillars.

Gekons: From them they took the ability of suction to the surface on the robots limbs.

Caterpillars: The way taht robots moves its limbs when it just shift the one limb and the seccond one use to move.

They have 3 models using this technology:

12-gram robot model can carry 2000 times more weight than it is its own on the horizontal surface (12*2000=24000 => 24kg).

9-gram robot model can carry more than 1kg of weight by climbing vertical wall.

20-miligram robot model can carry up to 500-miligram of waight up the wall.

They also plan to make bigger robots in future that can be used to carry very heavy objects or help to build buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYYqXY3L2wc

THIS IS F*KING AWESOME!

The possibilities where these little bastards can be used are endless. I would like to get my hands on one of those.

Ok now imagine one robot like that size of a human. Terminator.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |