Looking For a Good Pair Of Headphones

Enthusiast25

I just want a good pair of headphones, plain and simple for less than around 100$. You can go a bit over it if it's really worth it. I'm looking for something excellent for  music, and gaming as a secondary trait. I don't have any preference for closed/open headphones because all the headsets/headphones I've had up to this point are random headphones that I just buy when the previous one breaks.

The name of the headphones, whether they are open or closed, and their price are all I need (brief description optional); I'll do the research from there.

I'd recommend the 518s, they're MUCH cheaper, plus they're darker and better for gaming than the 558s. 

I have the 518s and I could sit here and explain to you what they sound like for high end music, but I'd be speaking gibberish. In simple words, they're GREAT.

But both of these have great soundstage and separation, so they're ideal for gaming.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I'm looking for something excellent for  music, and gaming as a secondary trait.

That's the 518s. BTW they're open backed, and $75

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

audio-technica ATH-AD500X (open) or M40X (closed)

Pioneer SE-A1000 (open)

Takstar HI 2050 (open) or Pro 80 (closed) [Kingston HyperX Cloud is the same closed headphone, likely to be more available]

Sony MDR V6 or 7506 (closed)

Shure SRH 440 (closed) (optionally add 840 pads for better bass)

Philips SHP9500 (open)

NVX XPT100 or Brainwavz HM5 (closed)

Anything from Superlux

Takstar HI2050: open-back

Takstar Pro 80: same drivers, but closed-back