GameBoy Advanced SP - What do people actually do with them today?

FunkyFeatures

I just dug mine out of a closet somewhere in my house. I have Pokémon Ruby version, some new Pokémon thing and ah yes! Spyro and Crash(two games on one disc) :D

Was wondering, (hopefully) fellow owners of old GameBoys, what do you use yours for today? I just had a game of Pokémon!

Also - if this thread counts as off topic, please move it over there, thought it would fit in just about in either of these subforums

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I plan on saving my Retro gameboy games. and gameboys to sell in a few years.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I play Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Blue Rescue Team on my old Gameboy Advance when the mood strikes me.

But otherwise I just keep it and the games inside a drawer at my apartment.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I still game on mine. I prefer to play GBC/A games on their respective systems, instead of the original DS or whatnot. For example I play a lot of Minish Cap, FFVI:A, Pokemon FireRed and FFV on it. I also keep them because I love to keep all of my old consoles/electronics.

I especially love the older GBA shaped like a digivice. :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i can go get my old gameboy and post some pics of it :P

i have this, still works but it needs to be charged :) (incoming 8K gameboy)

Nintendo_Gameboy.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I plan on saving my Retro gameboy games. and gameboys to sell in a few years.

Did not even realise that it would be worth anything - good thing I never threw it away

I play Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Blue Rescue Team on my old Gameboy Advance when the mood strikes me.

But otherwise I just keep it and the games inside a drawer at my apartment.

I didn't even realise I had it anymore before some of my friends found some cracked emulators for Android, went looking for it and boom - in the closet.

I still game on mine. I prefer to play GBC/A games on their respective systems, instead of the original DS or whatnot. For example I play a lot of Minish Cap, FFVI:A, Pokemon FireRed and FFV on it. I also keep them because I love to keep all of my old consoles/electronics.

I especially love the older GBA shaped like a digivice. :wub:

Pokemon ftw! It is so small compared to the size of it when one was like 8 years old.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

i can go get my old gameboy and post some pics of it :P

i have this, still works but it needs to be charged :) (incoming 8K gameboy)

~snip~

Holy.. I remember when that thing was the stuff. And then came the advanced. I got the one with those funny tattoos on, hold on a sec - picture flying this way

The ones with a adjustable back light are worth a little bit more than the standard ones. Brother had one and he lost it or gave it to a charity shop. 

So sad.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

have one myself, still using it with a USB charger every now and then when i got a long/boring roadtrip.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I play lego star wars the original trilogy on mine. its pretty awesome... i've got the pearl blue/silver model. 

fZE3Upsm.jpg

Hand for scale - so tiny!

Game on it? :P

I still have it and play Super Mario World and Pokemon Sapphire on it.

But emulating is more convenient and I can have it on a big screen.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

qWjFQSy.jpg?1phew, thats a large picture.. sorry!

You can really see the scratches on this one unfortunately. Might repaint it one day.

Super Mario Brothers 3 Best GAME EVER!

Because he had a hard drive.

phew, thats a large picture.. sorry!

You can really see the scratches on this one unfortunately. Might repaint it one day.

You can buy replacement shells for it online. That is probably easier, but have not ever bought one so not sure if everything looks legit

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can buy replacement shells for it online. That is probably easier, but have not ever bought one so not sure if everything looks legit

Would rather spend some on a screwdriver for the screws. I have tons of bits, yet none of them fit. =(

Would rather spend some on a screwdriver for the screws. I have tons of bits, yet none of them fit. =(

Most replacement shells come with a set of screwdrivers.