Fan decisions

jamesfindlay3

I am planning on using 4 fans for my build, what sizes should I use? At the moment I am thinking 2x120mm and 2x140mm should I use 4x140mm instead or what would you recommend it for fan sizes?

thank you! 

As with many things in life, bigger is better.

If you can fit 140's, use 140's.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It depends on what you can fit in your case, what kind are you planning on buying?

Other than that, bigger is better like Real_PhillBert said. It also comes down to whether you want performance or low noise, and price.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Hi what would you guys recommend as quite well build silent fans?

thank you!

Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2's are good

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Scythe/Servo Gentle Typhoon 

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

Hi I am looking to build a reasonable silent PC the quieter the better but i want to know that the fans i am buying will be well and and silent. I know noctua make very good fans so at the moment I have gone with some of their industrial ppc range but i know that they are not the quietest fans so I can either g with Be quiet silent wings 2 or cougar vortexes. 

Which ones would you recommend and if you have any other ideas could you please say.

Thank you! 

The Noctua industrial series are loud, but their regular fans are quite good :) Then again, you can always slow them down. 

Hmm, the new ek vadar fans are petty great. Or BeQuiets fans too :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Can you please tell us your budget and what you are using your build for?

My build is a silent gaming/workstation build and my budget is between 2000 and 2500 dollars maybe I could go a bit over.

My build is a silent gaming/workstation build and my budget is between 2000 and 2500 dollars maybe I could go a bit over.

The best way to do this: get mid tower case, fanless psu. As for drives I would go for wd green, they're a bit slow, but quiet enough. As for fans, I would add 1 noctua cpu fan and, probably, 1 intake fan with pwm (also noctua).

But, if u wanna go gaming, u will 100% need a psu with fan, so I would recommend any seasonic psu, they're the quietest I've ever seen.

The best way to do this: get mid tower case, fanless psu. As for drives I would go for wd green, they're a bit slow, but quiet enough. As for fans, I would add 1 noctua cpu fan and, probably, 1 intake fan with pwm (also noctua).

But, if u wanna go gaming, u will 100% need a psu with fan, so I would recommend any seasonic psu, they're the quietest I've ever seen.

Oh right at the moment I have a seasonic fanless 520watt power supply and a noctua heatsink. Wil I be able to game with that power supply? (at the moment my system is running about 370 watts). I went on a power supply calculator for that reading.

Oh right at the moment I have a seasonic fanless 520watt power supply and a noctua heatsink. Wil I be able to game with that power supply? (at the moment my system is running about 370 watts). I went on a power supply calculator for that reading.

Depends of the efficiency. If it's 80+ - yes, of course.

It's not recommended to use like 95+% of your psu power, but u might be fine.

Can't really imagine what u can do else here, I'm using 1-fan setup for my home NAS server, but it just doesn't heat as much at all.

It'll be fine.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hi what would you guys recommend as quite well build silent fans?

thank you!

Please list your specs, where you're shopping/located, and budget.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Will these fan's provide adequate cooling for a gaming/workstation build with slightly overclocked parts? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553016

Cougar Vortexes are good but the linked pricing is pretty horrid.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.