Researchers create first glasses free 3D holograms using graphene.

AmirMC

Researchers working with Grapheme have discovered a way to generate three-dimensional holographic images.
The technology is limited to around one centimetre at the moment, but is expected to increase much further with developments in the field.

image-20150423-3117-19fbrah.png

[Not actual image, obviously]

"Holograms work by bending light off the screen in a carefully controlled way so that, instead of bouncing directly back into your eye, it makes it appear as though it's projected off a separate display. The Swinburne researchers were able to create the floating 3D display by tweaking the refractive index - the measure of how much light bends as it passes through a medium - of graphene oxide. This allowed them to create tiny, nanoscale pixels that make up floating 3D images, visible to the naked eye up to 52 degrees in viewing angle."

Original Sourcehttps://theconversation.com/no-more-science-fiction-3d-holographic-images-40535

Quote was taken from herehttp://www.sciencealert.com/yes-researchers-have-created-glasses-free-3d-holograms-using-graphene

I don't know about you guys, but i'm hella' excited about the application of this technology.

Pretty sure they're the first to use display screens and not lasers.

But yeah, the title should be updated...

No this isn't the first I've seen a hologram without glasses before.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

is this one where you can stick your HAND through?

or is it something similar to the previous glass-less holograms that used fast rotating mirrors? ... cuz that would make a meat salad out of you 

Can't wait to have 3D hologram tech in hope for all kinds of use :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Can't wait to have 3D hologram tech in hope for all kinds of use :)

Yeah... I'd love 3d holograms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

That is pretty damn awesome!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W