ROG Swift Vs Acer XB270HU

I know this has been done to death on other forums, but all of the answers are from people who are either really biased, or don't own any of these monitors. Does anyone here have any experience with either? I was considering getting the acer one off amazon, but there have been a ton of reports of dead pixels and bad build quality. Which one would you guys suggest?

If you feel the need to suggest another monitor either than these, it must have be a 1440p gsync monitor. 

The input from anyone who has owned either of these would be greatly appreciated, and especially the input of someone who has had both! I will mostly use it for gaming, but I want really nice colors. Thanks again guys!

One is TN , the other IPS;

That , for me , is enough to sway the balance .

Also : Amazon has very good custommer support , you can always return in case of dead pixels or other problems .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

XB270HU is great.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Go for IPS, you won't regret it! ;)

There are basically two objective reasons to get the ROG Swift and not the Acer:

1. You have an Nvidia 3D Vision kit and play a lot of stereoscopic 3D games. (The Acer does not support that.)
  2. You want a super-slim matte bezel and a more "elegant" design. (The Acer has a glossy bezel and a blue LED in the bottom right, which some say is ugly.)

In all other aspects, the Acer XB270HU is better than the ROG Swift, or at least equal.

And yes, I know that the XB270HU has a slightly slower pixel response time, because it's an IPS panel. But thanks to its faster signal processing, this is a non-issue, as documented by tft-central. (See the section "Lag" / "Lag classification")

MSI Z77A-GD55 | Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz (Noctua NH-D14) | Zotac GTX 980 @ 1.4 GHz (Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme IV) | 16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD | 1 TB Seagate HDD | Lian Li PC-9F

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Go for IPS, you won't regret it! ;)

There are basically two objective reasons to get the ROG Swift and not the Acer:

1. You have an Nvidia 3D Vision kit and play a lot of stereoscopic 3D games. (The Acer does not support that.)
  2. You want a super-slim matte bezel and a more "elegant" design. (The Acer has a glossy bezel and a blue LED in the bottom right, which some say is ugly.)

In all other aspects, the Acer XB270HU is better than the ROG Swift, or at least equal.

And yes, I know that the XB270HU has a slightly slower pixel response time, because it's an IPS panel. But thanks to its faster signal processing, this is a non-issue, as documented by tft-central. (See the section "Lag" / "Lag classification")

People say that the colors in the ROG are horrible compared to the Acer, but is the difference noticeable? 

I have used IPS panels for Years and then bought the Asus. Its not huge. You get more contrast and brighter more vivid colors. But I just wanted the fastest monitor out there and the Asus wins that. The Asus doesn't look terrible or anything. Just muted slightly. But it does look amazing at the same time.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

I bought the ROG 1 week before the Acer came out, I went for an exchange. 

the difference is definitely noticeable. 

I have a samsung s27a850d, which is a 27inch 1440p PLS panel, and the colors on it are great. I've always been able to notice that on the ROG the colors look washed out compared to the samsung. The Acer came out of the box in "warm" color setting by default, which looked a bit weird but after switching it to "normal" I cant really tell the difference between it and the samsung. 

so... go for the Acer, especially since they are the same price. ...

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

A TN is a TN, no matter how hard you try to calibrate it, it's still noticable when you switch between the two panels, in fact it's easy enough to tell which one is which and they don't even have to be sit side by side. Maybe because I work in multimedia fields and being too sensitive but yes, the Swift is only considerable when you are f-ing serious about competetive gaming and are not using the monitor for anything else, or at least have another IPS monitor to live with (reading, movies, everyday tasks, etc...). If not, for overall usage, the Acer blows the Swift away.

Please note that I do not own the Swift nor the Acer, but I've had a chance to experience them both, as well as dozens of other panels. I myself own a lot of IPS panels and a few TNs (including 144Hz gamings), sure there are differences between products with same technology, but the results r close. Hope that helped.

I'm edging towards the rog, for the design and bezels. I'm only gaming on it and not editing video or photos, plus my room is always dark when I'm using my pc. I think its worth mentioning that this is the monitor I am currently using: acer al1751w

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Review/18177,acer-al1751w.aspx

Pls dont judge its 10 years old and its been in storage :D

I still read some love IPS and some hate it... not sure the difference.

One is TN , the other IPS;

That , for me , is enough to sway the balance .

Also : Amazon has very good custommer support , you can always return in case of dead pixels or other problems .

well??? sway which way???