ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance or Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3?

Can't decide which one. From my local computer store they are the same price. $139 AUD

Whichever is cheaper

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Whichever you like the looks of better. lol. They'll both perform about the same. 

I currently have to decide myself if I want to get an Asrock or a Gigabyte board but after reading that: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/07/02/asrock_fatal1ty_z97_killer_lga_1150_motherboard_review/7I heavily tend towards a gigabyte board. Appearently Asrock has really thin PCBs which are often warped already out of the box and might even crack from the normal pressure you would apply when inserting RAM, for example or while installing a really beefy CPU aircooler. So, I will most likely go the save route and take the gigabyte cause those are appearently build much more solid. So, Gigabyte's my recommendation.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I currently have to decide myself if I want to get an Asrock or a Gigabyte board but after reading that: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/07/02/asrock_fatal1ty_z97_killer_lga_1150_motherboard_review/7I heavily tend towards a gigabyte board. Appearently Asrock has really thin PCBs which is often warped already out of the box and might even crack from normal pressure you would apply when inserting RAM, for example or while installing a really beefy CPU aircooler. So, I will most likely go the save route and take the gigabyte cause those are appearently build much more solid. So, Gigabyte's my recommendation.

Somewhat true. That is where ASRock shaves off a few dollars to make their stuff cheaper. But it's not that big of a problem. I personally think hardocp is exaggerating a bit. I've done three builds recently with 3 different ASRock boards, one of which is in my current build (z97x killer) and while they are a bit flexible it's not going to fall apart in your hands. It didn't crack when I installed ram or any of that jazz. Once you get it screwed into the MB tray, it's just as sturdy as the next one. I don't think it's that big of a concern. 

Of course, the only reason I chose it for my own build is because it's a sexy mofo and it fit my theme. That, of course, is subjective. Not fanboying for ASRock, just alleviating concerns. 

I would go for Gigabyte ,

From what i heard ( DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS PLZ ) Asrock has some Bios issues .

And Gigabyte ussually has there '' Durability '' Mobo , so i would go for that .

anyway , stay groovie my friend :D .

(⌐■_■) 

Somewhat true. That is where ASRock shaves off a few dollars to make their stuff cheaper. But it's not that big of a problem. I personally think hardocp is exaggerating a bit. I've done three builds recently with 3 different ASRock boards, one of which is in my current build (z97x killer) and while they are a bit flexible it's not going to fall apart in your hands. It didn't crack when I installed ram or any of that jazz. Once you get it screwed into the MB tray, it's just as sturdy as the next one. I don't think it's that big of a concern. 

Of course, the only reason I chose it for my own build is because it's a sexy mofo and it fit my theme. That, of course, is subjective. Not fanboying for ASRock, just alleviating concerns. 

Good to hear another opinion from an owner about that. I gotta admit, that, between my two choices, the Asrock Z97m Killer does look a little bit nicer than the Gigabyte GA-97MX-Gaming. That's why I originally favoured the Asrock. On the other hand I'm also pretty weary about longevity in general - it's kind of a quirk of mine, I guess so I might still go for the gigabyte.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Good to hear another opinion from an owner about that. I gotta admit, that, between my two choices, the Asrock Z97m Killer does look a little bit nicer than the Gigabyte GA-97MX-Gaming. That's why I originally favoured the Asrock. On the other hand I'm also pretty weary about longevity in general - it's kind of a quirk of mine, I guess so I might still go for the gigabyte.

Oh if the Gbyte was red and black.....lol

Oh if the Gbyte was red and black.....lol

Yes, no idea what they were thinking with that brown PCB! Anyway, in my case in shouldn't stand out too much cause I'm going to build in a black Xigmatek Aquila which also has a tinted side window.

i would pick the Asrock board since it's a superior board...better audio, better UEFI.

I would rather have the H97 gaming 3 from MSI though.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i would pick the Asrock board since it's a superior board...better audio, better UEFI.

I would rather have the H97 gaming 3 from MSI though.

Agree.

Asrock gets my vote aswell.

Gigabyte Ultra Durable?  yeah right...

Agree.

Asrock gets my vote aswell.

Gigabyte Ultra Durable?  yeah right...

Gigabyte's fault is not so much in hardware quality but mostly badly programmed UEFI lacking essential features and poor software suite.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR