Is this build efficient for 4k gaming?

Syber

I'am upgrading from my current asus g75vw laptop to a custom built gaming desktop and am curious if this build can run games such as BF4 and other next gen games at 4k ultra settings. 

Core Components:

Case - Corsair 760t full tower.

Motherboard - MSI ATX DDR3 LGA 1150 Z97-G45

CPU - Intel i7 4770k Quad Core 3.5ghz 8mb cache

GPU - EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 4gb GDDR5

Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8) DDR3 1600mhz

Storage - WD Blue 1tb SATA + Kingston Digital 240gb SSD ( still debating on the ssd this one just happens to be on a huge sale atm on amazon )

Power Supply - Coolmax 240 1000w with active pfc. ( Also still in debate i have to research them more, recommendations appreciated).

Optical Drive - Deciding on any blu ray capable drive

Cpu cooler - Also in deciding on whether to go Air cooling or water cooling still.

Peripherals:

Monitor - Acer S277HK wmidpp

Keyboard - Das Keyboard 4 Professional Clicky (blue switch)

Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Headset - Razer Kraken pro 7.1

This is going to be my first build ever, so the parts picked are based off of my own research but my main goal is to run current Triple A titles on 4k at 60 fps or close to. My biggest worry is A single gtx 980 good enough or should i look into running 2 less power cards? Any recommendations are much appreciated. I may also run 2 monitors in the future but the 2nd wouldnt be 4k. Budget is not an extreme issue but I am trying to keep it around 2k or less.

Yes, you'll either need 980 SLI or Titan X. Or drop the settings. In order to make up money,

1. Use a 4690k instead.
  2. Use only 8gbs of RAM. Really, no point in 16.
  3. 120gb SSD is all I think it's useful. I just don't get why people hog over "need 240 gigs!" so much... 120 isn't that small, if you are half organized.
  4. Throw that PSU away. Get a 650/750w one. No joke, DO IT.
  5. If possible, don't spend all on peripherals. You can buy them later, unlike the GPUs.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Actually you could upgrade to a 295x it can be had for 620 after mail in rebate, 650 regular price. That is to me one of the best options for 4k right now, failing that I'd say dual 970s though you could potentially hit the +3.5gb slow downs. If you must have an Nvidia card wait a bit for the 980ti

-------

Current Rig

-------

I havent seen that graphics card before. I only went with nvidia because my asus g75 is the only good computer ive had so i know the product. Would you reccomend getting 2 of the 295x's, 2 gtx 980's, or a titan they fall into the same price range so just not sure which has more value for the buck.

I havent seen that graphics card before. I only went with nvidia because my asus g75 is the only good computer ive had so i know the product. Would you reccomend getting 2 of the 295x's, 2 gtx 980's, or a titan they fall into the same price range so just not sure which has more value for the buck.

Either 1 295x2 or 2 980s. Whatever fits your budget.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Alright, Thank you all this was actually very helpful. One last question if i do go with the Amd it is compatible with the rest of the build right?