minecraft 20fps?

maxspeed420

Just asking without giving us any information isn't going to allow us to help you. 

Nice context, not explaining what map you're running, mods...

AMD FX is generally worse at minecraft than Intel chips, but 20fps shouldn't be the case. Unless you're running some excessive mods or something is wrong with Java. Again, context.

Just asking without giving us any information isn't going to allow us to help you. 

He did give us info...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Are you running mods? which ones?

What OS are you on?

Check if your drivers and java version are up to date.

i get 97 fps with max settings in minecraft and i have a fx 6300 OC to 4.5ghz and a gtx 770 what are your temps

AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

Thats why

Nice context, not explaining what map you're running, mods...

AMD FX is generally worse at minecraft than Intel chips, but 20fps shouldn't be the case. Unless you're running some excessive mods or something is wrong with Java. Again, context.

Are you running mods? which ones?

What OS are you on?

Check if your drivers and java version are up to date.

I have a friend with that CPU running optifine and gets 350 FPS on max settings so if there are mods, they are pretty hefty. Oh and those statistics are without overclocking so it isn't the CPU.

I have a friend with that CPU running optifine and gets 350 FPS on max settings so if there are mods, they are pretty hefty. Oh and those statistics are without overclocking so it isn't the CPU.

I am running on about 60 fps barely at 5ghz

Read my post carefully, I said 20fps shouldn't happen. But 350fps is really overestimating the performance. And with those types of anecdotes as your reference material, you're only bound to be disappointed. Especially if you're going to state, based on those questionable numbers, that the CPU isn't the issue when that game is known for it's IPC-dependance. Again, 20fps shouldn't really happen unless you're standing in some complex area with lots of stuff going on (construction/wiring mods), cranked settings when common sense says you shouldn't (max draw distances in advanced maps) or something is wrong with the client (outdated).

from my experience, AMD doesnt like minecraft AT ALL. but 20fps seems an extreme case. the hell are you doing to the poor thing?

I understand it has weak single threading, but I have a 6300 and I can max it out with over 60 FPS constantly.

The 6300 has better Single threading than the 8320.

Yeah

I am running on about 60 fps barely at 5ghz

I don't know what you are doing then? How many mods and how large? I am a PvP guy so I just use Optifine and can get 60+ fps on an AMD APU craptop with Medium-High settings.