Milwaukee Jobsite Backpack

Whaler_99

This is my review of the Milwaukee Jobsite Backpack, model 48-22-8200

I was in the market for a new backpack. As a tech and computer engineer I wander around with a bunch of tools and extra's to assist in the day-to-day work of fixing everyone's problems. :) Right now I had the normal laptop backup from some luggage store, which of course has torn and shredded after 8 months of use. I also needed to have another small bag in the car holding the rest of the gear. I was hoping to find something to accommodate everything.

I looked at some of the reviews Linus and others did on backpacks. I even ordered an Everki backpack and quickly returned it. Most of these more "custom" backpacks seemed to be geared towards carrying a laptop along with a bunch of other techie gear, your tablet, headphones, etc. None of which I carry. I need something that is heavy duty and carry my tools and various testers. The Everki I ordered just didn't work for me.

So, started my hunt for a "tool" backpack that might hold a laptop. After a long search and checking out a few specific models, I finally settled on this one. A few features really drew me to this one to try first;

• They actually stated the size of laptop supported
  • Not overly huge. (no, I didn't need 75 pockets...)
  • Solid side pockets and not the mesh kind
  • Price

It's surprising the number of companies that have a backpack that "supports" a laptop, but don't even bother to state maximum size. There is a big difference between a 14" and 17" laptop... but I digress.

So, the backpack arrived today and first off, very well packaged. Shout out to Mississauga Hardware Center where I ordered it from.

post-765-0-58766000-1429908602_thumb.jpg

One I got it out of the box, the pack is heavy. Much heavier than my old one, and this is because of the material used in making it. Ballistic. :) (no, I don't think it will stop a bullet) This pack oozes quality. Everything is extremely well done. The two handles for carrying are rock solid and don't look like they will ever tear off. The padding on the shoulder straps and back is ample. The solid base is an awesome feature for keeping the pack upright.

As you can see, without anything in it, looks like I will have ample room. The front pouch cover basically folds right down for easy access to everything.

post-765-0-42807800-1429908624_thumb.jpg post-765-0-68185300-1429908625_thumb.jpg post-765-0-57162800-1429908626_thumb.jpg post-765-0-43571400-1429908627_thumb.jpg post-765-0-53834600-1429908628_thumb.jpg post-765-0-42138400-1429908629_thumb.jpg

Now, all loaded up and voila, I have it jammed in my laptop and notpad, some parts, and in the front, various tools, cable testers and trace tools, my CD pack and bunch of other nick nacks. And the front bulk pocket is awesome for holding all my cables. Lots of space for everything from both my old bags.

post-765-0-94987800-1429908672_thumb.jpg post-765-0-96638100-1429908673_thumb.jpg post-765-0-80952400-1429908674_thumb.jpg

One complaint, when all loaded up, it is heavy. :) The only other real issue I have with the pack is inside, at the bottom, the front and rear compartments are not separated. I would like to see that. So, small little things might not roll between the two, but that really is a minor thing.

Overall I am really impressed on the quality of the pack and the ample room. And excellent investment. Especially if you are a someone like myself carrying a bunch of tech tools along with your laptop and need something very durable!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Awesome review, good to see members doing this kind of stuff too.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I like the hard plastic thing on the bottom. I wish more packs had that. All of mine have soft bottoms and fall over so easily if I take anything out. 

Yes, I can say with the backpack fully loaded, when I put it down, it is solid. When I open the front pouch and lit it flip forward, still stays upright perfectly. And for me, one job sites, I don't need to worry about any moisture on the floor either. Just wipe it off. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

*Featuring Whalers hand*

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Very nice review, looks like a really good backpack - and saying I will need to be travelling to and from college all the time with my laptop and other equipment, this may prove to be useful!  B)