i am desperate to upgrade

lance1123

i have a shitty laptop even when i just browse on google it sttuters every 5 seconds please i need help i am a total newbie because i didnt even had the chance to build a pc but i have been watching linus and jayz videos for a while i need to upbrade my laptop i want to buy a new 256 ssd to replace my hardrive i willarrow-10x10.png just excract the files i need to a external hardrive,how can i transfer the OS to the new ssd? please help and if i do this will i lose all the perks of samsung like sw update and some other stuff, i am also gonna install a new ram how do i know if a ram stick is compatible i currently have 4 gb 800mhz is that enough if i am gonna add another stick of the same ram is 800mhz enough i am just gonna play some killing floor 2 and watch some youtube i am not a hardcore gamer yet because i dont have moneyarrow-10x10.png to buy a high end pc but i just play moba games like lol THANKS,sorry for long. i hink i am gonna buy a cheap 256 ssd can you sugggest at under 80$ range

i have a shitty laptop even when i just browse on google it sttuters every 5 seconds please i need help i am a total newbie because i didnt even had the chance to build a pc but i have been watching linus and jayz videos for a while i need to upbrade my laptop i want to buy a new 256 ssd to replace my hardrive i willarrow-10x10.png just excract the files i need to a external hardrive,how can i transfer the OS to the new ssd? please help and if i do this will i lose all the perks of samsung like sw update and some other stuff, i am also gonna install a new ram how do i know if a ram stick is compatible i currently have 4 gb 800mhz is that enough if i am gonna add another stick of the same ram is 800mhz enough i am just gonna play some killing floor 2 and watch some youtube i am not a hardcore gamer yet because i dont have moneyarrow-10x10.png to buy a high end pc but i just play moba games like lol THANKS,sorry for long. i hink i am gonna buy a cheap 256 ssd can you sugggest at under 80$ range

For the love of god, please learn how to use sentences.

When in doubt, re-format.

sorry was typing with out looking

so does any one of you know how to transfer os to ssd?

theres no 256gb ssd that is under 80 dollars

250GB BX100 is $80.98 but that's after MIR :P

sorry was typing with out looking

so does any one of you know how to transfer os to ssd?

You need to clone the drive. Or do fresh install. Either way you can find tons of guides and topics here, youtube and all over internet.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

just replace the hdd with ssd and then reinstall windows, you can copy your data from your old hdd with some cheap usb-sata converter

You need to clone the drive. Or do fresh install. Either way you can find tons of guides and topics here, youtube and all over internet.

i want to do fresh install because i think my hardrive has virus i just want to be sure so how can i do a fresh install if i already have it installed in may current hardrive?do i need a usb to install os kinda like a new computer?

just replace the hdd with ssd and then reinstall windows, you can copy your data from your old hdd with some cheap usb-sata converter

how can i reinstall windows?

i want to do fresh install because i think my hardrive has virus i just want to be sure so how can i do a fresh install if i already have it installed in may current hardrive?do i need a usb to install os kinda like a new computer?

First you need to deactivate current installation. After that its like installing to new computer. Remember to backup your stuff from HDD before doing anything further to it. I'd recommend formatting it after you have installed windows again and before installing any software on it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

how can i reinstall windows?

Using the windows installer DVD or create a bootable USB