wipEout coming to PC ! (well kinda, spiritual successor)

dmegatool

I was a huge fan of wipEout on my PS3 and I was very sad when Sony decided to close Studio Liverpool (formely Psygnosis). That meant the end of my beloved franchise. But that turns out to be an amazing thing !! Some members of the studio decided to bring back the franchise to live ! They are creating the spiritual sucessor and it's coming to PC first ! 

It's called Formula Fusion and there's a kickstarter that just started. It's the first ever project that I backup. wipEout was just so much fun and this one look sick ! 

dlHYblp.jpg

ppBz6Gq.jpg

GE0vY4p.jpg

8cPFyW2.jpg

Lot's of anti-grativy racing coming up. There's Redout which looks cools too. No weapons but looks fun. Love the aesthectics... but it's first launching on the XboxOne (boohoo). Also Radial-G which has Oculus support / first person (early acces available). There's also Quantum Rush Champion (early acces available). The game looks totally like wipEout but the comments all say that the AI is ridiculously difficult. 

But I just can't wait for Formula Fusion !!! Yay for AG racing ! 

YES!!! I love wipepout, definitely pleased to see studio liverpool make a spiritual comeback. They made some of my favourite games, such as F1 (before codemasters took over) as well as wipeout. If they're still operating in the technology park near me I might have to go check it out at some point.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

:o looks pretty awesome, very excited

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

SUCH WANT MANY YES

ESL? O.o will there be Competitive mode? :o

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

SUCH WANT MANY YES

ESL? O.o will there be Competitive mode? :o

There's was a Test Pilot Program before the kickstarter (I missed it damn !) and this is listed on the schedule : 

STEAM EARLY ACCESS BUILD. SEPTEMBER 2015 :

• Competitive online multiplayer element
  • 1st Zone Finished

So yeah there will be. Or should I say fuuuuuckkkkk yeah !!!! :D :D :D

There's was a Test Pilot Program before the kickstarter (I missed it damn !) and this is listed on the schedule : 

So yeah there will be. Or should I say fuuuuuckkkkk yeah !!!! :D :D :D

Oh shit.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I'm so in on this! I still enjoy a race on the PS3 now and then for laughs. Still looks pretty ok, even when looking at a 100'' canvas. Multiplayer is so much fun.

I'm so in on this! I still enjoy a race on the PS3 now and then for laughs. Still looks pretty ok, even when looking at a 100'' canvas. Multiplayer is so much fun.

Totally. Can't believe how they managed 1080p @ 60fps at the time when all other games were doing 590p @ 30fps... I remember reading how the game scaled down the resolution when too much happened on the screen to keep it at 60fps. Think the lower you were getting was like 1280x1080. Anyway, the push to maintain 60fps was really nice. They're just great devs.

I was starting to wonder why there was almost noting in the way of sci-fi racers on the PC platform.

I hope that these projects go well, as it is one of few sub-genres PC gaming is sorely missing.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I loved Wipeout. I also loved F Zero and Burnout Revenge. I wish they would make newer versions of those games as well.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Did I just started a brang new wipeout game on my PS3 ? It's still fun after all te time I spent in there...

Kickstarter is at £27... only £8k to my first backed project ever.

They got an untextured track / prototype. The handling is really stiff. They're asking for some feedback... Pretty much everyone wants it floatier / smoother. Progress yay ! 

Oh, the nostalgia... This looks really cool. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

The video on the greenlight page is slightly different

• 2 weeks later...

Final 24 hours on the kickstarter. Things accelerated a little bit and they're now at almost 200% the initial goal. They also got greenlit in only 5 days which is cool. 

Back this shit if you haven't already. They'll start distributing some early access keys before july they say...

Another brilliant retro kickstarter. Glad to see teams getting back together after Publishers drop them and start making amazing games again, and on PC, no less.

WipeOut is one of the best arcade racers ever made so I'm stoked to see this happen. I still play WipeOut HD on my PS3 to this day.

Git Gud.

I imported a physical copy of WipeOut HD Fury for PS3 from the UK even when I owned the digital version because I loved it so much.

The Kickstarter teaser has me excited. I don't put money on Kickstarters anymore but I will be following the game.