Anyone know any good mic that uses 3.5 mm audio jack?

Ryou-kun

Reason is that I want to use my sound card for the mic to have a little fun with voice modifier and I don't have enough room for USB back of my motherboard.

Forgot to mention, this will be used for Skype and chatting with friends while playing games. :P

Reason is that I want to use my sound card for the mic to have a little fun with voice modifier and I don't have enough room for USB back of my motherboard.

mod mic? :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

mod mic? :D

Nah, my sound card has a driver that allows me to change my voice, lol.

It is quite fun to mess with my friends. :P

Nah, my sound card has a driver that allows me to change my voice, lol.

It is quite fun to mess with my friends. :P

no I meant buy a modmic :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Zalman ZM-mic1 clipon mic for around 10$ is pretty solid, probably the modmic is better but it costs 4x more.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

+1 for modmic, got one recently and it's quite awesome.. only problem I have is it doesn't grip my HD558's very well cos of the mixed surface so I pull off the mount half the time when taking off the mic (Nothing a little glue won't solve though). :(

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I like my speedlink spes clip on Mic, it's 20 bucks, but like the zalman the quality can vary. I prefer clip on because I don't want to spend on a desk Mic, but still want to be able to use Mic with headphone/ear buds. Mine sounds awesome once I found the noise supression button on realtek control panel.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Buy ANY good mic and if it doesn't have 3.5mm then get a converter for like minus 2 dollars, and you are good to go. 

Don't even really understand why this is a topic? xD

Zalman ZM-mic1 clipon mic for around 10$ is pretty solid, probably the modmic is better but it costs 4x more.

I have that mic, and I hate it, lol.

Doesn't work well for some reason. Use it with my sound card, well, most of the time it hear my voice and few times it doesn't hear it.

It felt like there is a delay or something.

I have that mic, and I hate it, lol.

Doesn't work well for some reason. Use it with my sound card, well, most of the time it hear my voice and few times it doesn't hear it.

It felt like there is a delay or something.

I didnt have one but a few samples i saw on youtube indicate its good and i have a friend who was pleased with it.

Thing is, for me everything that was 3.5mm into mobo sound was utter shit, i had a lot of noise and coloring, whatever i used i sounded like im talking out of a tin-can... so in the end i just went for the cheapest usb condenser mic i could find(that being a samson go-mic)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I didnt have one but a few samples i saw on youtube indicate its good and i have a friend who was pleased with it.

Thing is, for me everything that was 3.5mm into mobo sound was utter shit, i had a lot of noise and coloring, whatever i used i sounded like im talking out of a tin-can... so in the end i just went for the cheapest usb condenser mic i could find(that being a samson go-mic)

Tin-can sound can be caused by a short in the plug's polarities. Something like plugging a stereo plug into a mono jack, or vice versa. Can also be caused by length mismatch. Try plugging it all the way in, then pull it out just a tiny little bit, about 1-2mm (oh man, I sounded dirty...)

If you're sure the mic's plug is stereo, something like this does wonder: http://www.amazon.com/Virtual-5-1-surround-External-Sound-Card/dp/B000N35A0Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1429955429&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+audio+adapter

-snip-

thx m8, but its already a non-issue, i bought a USB condenser mic, albeit a portable small one. Sounds awesome nevertheless.

Search moov Mic on Amazon for an older version of the modmic for $20. XLR mics should not be converted to 3.5mm if they use a balanced signal nor if they need phantom power.