What do? (Panasonic DMC-TZ3)

TL;DR - What should do I to optimize a lackluster mirrorless from like 2007 that was gifted to me about 2 or 3 years ago?

Okay so, I won't have money to put up for a T5i with 18-55mm kit and 10-22mm lens for a while (like early-mid 2016 if all goes well), and looking back at an at the time decent, not great mirrorless option (not a terrible one even though it has like a CCD sensor) Looking back at some better framed shots I took a couple years back I noticed some over-exposure (even at faster shutter speeds) and just underwheling 

The bokeh or shallow-ish DoF is okay at f/3.3

This was taken back in 2013, and this was before I had really started taking interest in photography. Really what held me back was the lack of knowledge in how to properly correct the camera when it thinks that it has it right. Unfortunately my phone can take a slightly better image (even though I have even less control on that.

Anyways here's a re-occuring theme I noticed while I shot outside... Though I suppose it was afternoon sun and it was behind me so really there wasn't much I could do but either-way... Could that have been fixed in how the camera reacted to the excess light?

oVtLEhy.jpg

and here are the details!

v4vZZt6.jpg

So any solutions to optimize the camera? (Unfortunately I can't try any of these yet as I need to order a replacement battery and charger due to them just simply being old.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just use manual mode

Definitely try to get a good camera, that's a pretty bad Point and Shoot

Wow okay, thats a TERRIBLE camera, like HORRIBLE. Imo the picture above is like the best picture quality you can get out of this cam...      ;P

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just use manual mode

Definitely try to get a good camera, that's a pretty bad Point and Shoot

Wow okay, thats a TERRIBLE camera, like HORRIBLE. Imo the picture above is like the best picture quality you can get out of this cam...      ;P

:(  So I was going through an article I had found and it had said that there is no way to manually control aperture and shutter speed... Well I guess the best I can do is try to stay out of lighting conditions where the source is behind me, because it'll over-expose even at a fast shutter speed, I'll have to hope the camera likes me enough to open to it's max/fastest aperture and that it doesn't use a slower shutter speed. Maybe camp Canon will be friendlier to me while I wait until I can afford their better option.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

• 2 weeks later...

drop the ISO, 0EV. thats pretty much you can do till you get a better camera.