AMD Readies A10-7870K And A8-7670K APUs

Opcode

Yawn apus.

Why do we need high end ones, they make no sense...

why not release an 8 core... consoles get one, but pc's don't. Its like they're not even trying.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Yawn apus.

For faster smaller HTPC and Steam machines.

HTID

Because a casual gamer with an APU will totally know what freesync is AND decide to buy one right?

Its not because you have an APU that you are an ignorant and that you have no searching capabilities. What are you saying here? Keep your value judgements for yourself and if you really need to, snort in derision in your head

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

too bad freesync has a ghosting issue,

I'm pretty sure that's the panel's fault...

Looks like other motherboard manufactures are now updating their BIOS for Godavari.

GA-F2A88X-D3H

5czm8Yv.png

why not release an 8 core... consoles get one, but pc's don't. Its like they're not even trying.

They'll come out eventually.  I expect Zen will coincide a big APU push since the DDR4 will help a lot of the memory issues the current chips have.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Little to no benefit for consumers (because limited multithreading) while increasing cost and die size. Id rather see (if the die size and cost argument are not here) a 3 module Excavator with 768SP on the GPU, a 100W TDP and clocked around 3.5GHz/1GHz

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Little to no benefit for consumers (because limited multithreading) while increasing cost and die size. Id rather see (if the die size and cost argument are not here) a 3 module Excavator with 768SP on the GPU, a 100W TDP and clocked around 3.5GHz/1GHz

I'm personally waiting for the day AMD stuffs at least a R7 260X into their APU and prices it below $200. That's when I will more than likely migrate away from discrete graphics cards.

I'm personally waiting for the day AMD stuffs at least a R7 260X into their APU and prices it below $200. That's when I will more than likely migrate away from discrete graphics cards.

I wont until the compute performance of a 200$ APU will rival that of a discrete setup even if that is more expensive. Im an all out performance kind of guy, dont care if its one chip or 3 coprocessors xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yawn apus.

Every i7,i5 and i3 that have an IGP, be it Intel HD or Iris, is an APU.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

APUs arent ment for disrete gpus... unless you gona use them @ 4k or higher, where amd cpu cores are just as power as the best intel ones  :)

They have the thing that lets you crossfire with the apu

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

they are talking 2016-2017 for 200-300Watt TDP APU's with HBM memory @ 14nm, and *a lot* of gpu cores. Given the efficiency gains of having everything on a single die (including cpu command latency), coupled with the fact that HSA allows gpu cores to work in tandem to behave like a cpu core, You could probably expect the shader count to be at 280x levels, but with exponentially more performance.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

They have the thing that lets you crossfire with the apu

consider that i knew that and i still said what i said

yes, they should never be crossfired with a weakass gpu... shame on amd

consider that i knew that and i still said what i said

yes, they should never be crossfired with a weakass gpu... shame on amd

If under DX 12 they can work out full synchronicity and do proper load balancing, it should be fine.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

• 1 month later...

This week I am stopping by microcenter in philly. Getting an A10-7870k  and MSI A68somthing MB combo for 130 bucks and either 8 or 16 gig EVGA 2400 DDR3 ram and combing parts from kids old emachines EL 1300: 220w PSU, cpu cooler, etc. Shove it all in an old PS/2 model 50z case or maybe just make a flippin box out of wood and hook it up to our 48' TV and have a blast.

This week I am stopping by microcenter in philly. Getting an A10-7870k  and MSI A68somthing MB combo for 130 bucks and either 8 or 16 gig EVGA 2400 DDR3 ram and combing parts from kids old emachines EL 1300: 220w PSU, cpu cooler, etc. Shove it all in an old PS/2 model 50z case or maybe just make a flippin box out of wood and hook it up to our 48' TV and have a blast.

Please don't necro threads.

"Rawr XD"

This week I am stopping by microcenter in philly. Getting an A10-7870k and MSI A68somthing MB combo for 130 bucks and either 8 or 16 gig EVGA 2400 DDR3 ram and combing parts from kids old emachines EL 1300: 220w PSU, cpu cooler, etc. Shove it all in an old PS/2 model 50z case or maybe just make a flippin box out of wood and hook it up to our 48' TV and have a blast.

Try to go 2666 if you can. Not sure what your budget is, but APUs are bandwidth starved being stuck in dual-channel. The difference in price between G.Skill 2400 and 2666 is very small.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Try to go 2666 if you can. Not sure what your budget is, but APUs are bandwidth starved being stuck in dual-channel. The difference in price between G.Skill 2400 and 2666 is very small.

This is the board in question which only supports up to 2133 MHz overclocked. @ I would step up to the GA-F2A88XM-D3H bundle as that board supports 2400 MHz. It's $154.98 but still that's only $24.99 for the motherboard and it's based around the A88X chipset. That or dump some more money in and get the FM2A88X Killer ($44.99) that supports 2600 MHz. Personally it seems like the Gigabyte board is the best option.

This is the board in question which only supports up to 2133 MHz overclocked. @ I would step up to the GA-F2A88XM-D3H bundle as that board supports 2400 MHz. It's $154.98 but still that's only $24.99 for the motherboard and it's based around the A88X chipset. That or dump some more money in and get the FM2A88X Killer ($44.99) that supports 2600 MHz. Personally it seems like the Gigabyte board is the best option.

It's sad how much AMD's motherboards lack craftsmanship and features that really are necessary to having an APU build run well.

You know, since GloFo tends to have the (much) more expensive manufacturing process, I wonder if AMD could just negotiate with Intel to get some Crystalwell made for the AMD APUs, maybe a cut-down 64MB version. It would minimize the additional cost and give AMD some sales. Seriously, who has been in charge of the design team and not been coming up with some sort of answer? Hell the cache even makes CPU performance better by as much as 15% just on its own! Honestly, stick the current me back in time 6 years and put me in a managerial position over the AMD CPU/APU teams. Things could have easily been done to mitigate the disasters that have befallen AMD even leading up to Bulldozer.