Ubuntu 15.04 Released

Opcode

I'm digging the new Plasma 5.2 desktop environment of Kubuntu 15.04.

Meh, I finally got Kodi & WakeOnLAN working reliably on LTS, no way I'm doing that shit all over again, it was a pain the first time. I like the menu ui adjustments though.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Funny how everyone's going on about how awesome and easy Linux is. Tell that to the average user, and they'll be horrified to see this video with the terminal all over the place. 

If you want to make Linux distros a thing, don't have people fuck about with sudo apt-get and shit. You can't expect anyone to do that.

I'm having to do that right now to upgrade the kernel :( . And lets not forget about the BS which is installing .run files because the .deb version isn't available.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Funny how everyone's going on about how awesome and easy Linux is. Tell that to the average user, and they'll be horrified to see this video with the terminal all over the place. 

If you want to make Linux distros a thing, don't have people fuck about with sudo apt-get and shit. You can't expect anyone to do that.

It's safe to say Linux is mature enough in GUI form for any average consumer. We don't toy around in the terminal because it's necessary (it's not) we do just because it's a powerful tool. Any average consumer can easily grasp and use Linux all from the frontend.