MM H2GO 2 Tier Cube Full ATX (not micro) Transplant + SLI Upgrades

Naveronasis

Okay! So I'm sure you have many questions and they will all be answered here! :D

The system as it sits now:
Hardware:
ASUS Sabertooth z77
Intel i7 3770k
16gb DDR3
EVGA 970 GTX SSC
Samsung 500gb SSD
Seagate 2tb 7200
850w PSU (I forget who ill be more specific in a later edit)
Current Case NZXT 210 Elite http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/117-source-210-elite-case.html (link for reference)

Corsair water cooling (h80)

So with that being said... Why change: Well I don't like the way the fan meshes are, the side fan interferes with the power inputs on the VGA so I had to move my side fan outside the case, only 1 USB3 in front, Hard to dust clean front without pulling front off I also don't like Vertical mount motherboard layouts ever since GTX cards have become double thick and fairly heavy. Also I love having a case window, and I gave up having one, now I regret that. But I still like being able to have a standard ATX motherboard. So what can I do?! Well It took me a while of searching the inter-webs, and I have finally found a case that I like the configuration and design of. the MM HTGO.

Now I know what your thinking... What the hell is a MM H2GO, or not maby you googled it already. If you haven't it is Mountain Mods, H2GO solid aluminum modular 12.5x13.5x17 2 Tier Wind-Tunnel case. Or like... this here:7399094118_42ba218d31_b.jpg

That is not actually mine, its still in the mail but that's the same configuration. You can check out the company (I stand nothing to gain) here: http://www.mountainmods.com/ US made, custom tailored cases. There's a fun flash picker tool. Originally I was going to go with a UFO case, but I decided against it since I like having the option to pick up and move.

So what will this build have in it for Phase 1?
Well everything I said above and added to that a second 970GTX SSC along with some front multi-function bays to add back front of the case utility, lighting, some nice LED switches to turn off the lights at night.

Also, I will be EVENTUALLY upgrading it to a full custom EK water cooling loop UV Reactive tubing (standard distilled liquid) using supremacy blocks (not full blocks) on the cards with possibly some Vram heatsinks... This will be a longer term goal (3-6 months)

Now keep in mind that this is actually NOT a overclocked rig. I don't overclock because i use it to serve a lot of things (trackmania, minecraft, space engineers) so I water cool it for fun/efficiency/lifespan so the sinks on the vram may not be wholly needed, I have to look up some statistics and make a call (but they are cheap so I probably will) they don't make a EK full solution for the 970's, but I want to keep the VGA cooling fairly modular so I can upgrade easily in the future.

Im going to toss some Benchmarks up when I get home I think.... Particularly Thermal since the case will effect that the most, but also GPU since im adding a second one. I have 3 monitors, 1080p, 2k (1600p its a strange 16:10 like 2660 or 2880... I just got this one) and a 4k. (standard 3840x2160

Valley 2431 1080p

Valley Extreme 664 (4k)

Heaven Extreme 1430 (1080p)

Heaven Extreme 384 (4k)

Firestrike  9897

Firestrike Extreme 5110

Firestrike Ultra 2698

Bioshock 3 a115.78 min41.26 max383.09 1080p
Bioshock 3 a41.64 min24.9 max55.55 4k Everything Ultra

Witcher 3 (when the second card comes in... if it has a benchmark...)

Half-Life 3?

Unofficial benchmarks for fun:

Warcraft Warspear
Eve Online Jita Undock
Skyrim

Witcher II with ultra sample on.
Ill try to dig up some old bench software for fun xD

Some Stuff showed up last night unexpectedly. Also I bought some new fans that glow UV green, but don't have LED's so they wont interfere with turning lights on and off and i wont have to rewire them to do so.

Here is the PC as it sits now. As you can see, the side panel is somewhat ghetto rigged with a fan...
001.jpg

Here is the inside of the case, you can see on these ACX 2 cooler cards the power is on the side right where the fan should be.
004.jpg

Heres the new parts, what showed up were fan filters along with the USB Bay and Switches. In retrospect I should have grabbed a model with the audio jacks in front, But hind-site is 2020. Perhaps ill get an external disk drive and replace the blue-ray bay with something in the future.
002.jpg

And finally, I couldn't wait to see how the switches looked so I popped the case open and wired up one of the lights to give it a test.
003.jpg

Got the new 970 over the weekend, some SLI benchmarks incoming :D.

However, apparently newegg does not closely read the revision number when packing... so its still a EVGA 970 SSC with an ACX2 cooler... but its a later revision. The pcb is like... 1cm longer, it has dual bios, and silver instead of blue on the side. Not a bad looking card but it does not match the first one. :/ I had to do some wizardry to get it to SLI since the drivers refused to recognize the bridge without bypassing a few things. BUT in the end the benchmarks are great! Once they  are water cooled the difference in size wont be as noticeable, and this is an industrial build anyway so.... vOv 

BTW, in the last set of benchmarks the temps were cpu max 65, gpu max 75. Now its GPU Max 79, CPU Max 64. (only one card reached 79 I assume its the one on top)

Anyway When I plan my water loop, im thinking of going with 3 120mm rads... and having the loop go like this:

Res -> Pump -> CPU -> Rad1 -> GPU1 -> Rad2 -> GPU2 -> Rad3 -> Res

Mostly because I'm going to use Mayhem's Aurora Green this will give me lots of tube to show off its properties. Also since my system is up 100% of the time I wont have to worry about it settling. (which Isn't usually a problem for most people anyway, just they don't recommend letting it sit for extended periods of time)

My sinuses are crying.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

My sinuses are crying.

D: Im confused

Edit

Also what Zombie Mods are you a CO of.. I tried to google it and got like... 1 million results for "Zombie Mods". :3

Another Edit

I saw your orange mods I know its like... wayyyy too late but it may have looked pretty awesome in like... 

orangezombie.png

You can get it with the size panel transparent or smoked, or whatever. :D I didn't wanna post a link to the maker... Trying to avoid looking like im promoting something >.> Ill be honest I'm not real clear on the forum rules on links and stuff.

The dust dude. My sinuses went on strike just looking at it. 

Sort it out. Just 'cause you're a dude doesn't mean you shouldn't have pride in your rig.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

My case lives in a EXTREMELY dusty environment :/ But if you look above you can see ive got some dust covers for the new case. Currently I dust mine every week, and that those pics above are after just 2 days since the last dusting.

Edit:
My computer currently lives in a machine-shop/warehouse Sadly I don't have access to the equipment or I could probably make my own case from scratch :D