Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 or Asus Xonar DGX What to Get?

Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

a better input and output for all of my audio devices.

Sound: Razer Kraken Pro, Marshall Major FX, Razer Hammerhead Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser HD 558, Antlion Audio ModMic 4.0

the one that my motherboard has sucks, plus i am so lucky that the drivers for the Creative Sound Blaster E1 Dac/Amp doesn't work on my pc (Bummer) supposedly problem fixed by that.

Well, I would definitely say that if your computer doesn't work with one creative product, it may not work with another one, so you should go for the Asus...

which is better? please help me decide.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/284823/ref=sr_bs_1

CPU: Intel Core I5 - 444| Motherboard: GA-B85M-HD3 Rev 1.0 | RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 8Gb 1600Mhz (F312800CL10S-8GBX) | GPU: PowerColor HD7850 1Gb DDR5 256Bit (AX7850 1GBD5-DH) | Case: NZXT Source 210 Windowed White | Storage: Seagate 1Tb 7200Rpm 3.5" Sata (ST1000DM003) | PSU: Thermaltake LitePower 600Watts Black Edition | Display: BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X, Cooler Master Blade Master 120, Deep Cool XFAN 120 | Sound: Razer Kraken Pro, Marshall Major FX, Razer Hammerhead Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser HD 558, Antlion Audio ModMic 4.0, Fiio 6E Portable Amp, Creative Sound Blaster E1 Dac/Amp | Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

which is better? please help me decide.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/284823/ref=sr_bs_1

Make sure to follow your posts, or you wont get notifications about people trying to answer your questions! (There is a setting that makes you automatically follow the threads you post to, which is what I do, otherwise I would not be able to remember each time I post...) Anyway, unless your onboard is completely broken, or something is seriously wrong with it, I would stick with onboard. If you still feel that you NEED a dedicated sound card, you should get the Asus one, because the drivers that Creative releases are generally broken.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

rule of thumb is this: PURE gaming SoundblaSTER

(they are still an untrustworthy company=DANIEL_K anyone?

Music quality Asus

rule of thumb is this: PURE gaming SoundblaSTER

(they are still an untrustworthy company=DANIEL_K anyone?

Music quality Asus

No.

Make sure to follow your posts, or you wont get notifications about people trying to answer your questions! (There is a setting that makes you automatically follow the threads you post to, which is what I do, otherwise I would not be able to remember each time I post...) Anyway, unless your onboard is completely broken, or something is seriously wrong with it, I would stick with onboard. If you still feel that you NEED a dedicated sound card, you should get the Asus one, because the drivers that Creative releases are generally broken.

Thanks man! :D but i think we are on different time-zones thats why.

CPU: Intel Core I5 - 444| Motherboard: GA-B85M-HD3 Rev 1.0 | RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 8Gb 1600Mhz (F312800CL10S-8GBX) | GPU: PowerColor HD7850 1Gb DDR5 256Bit (AX7850 1GBD5-DH) | Case: NZXT Source 210 Windowed White | Storage: Seagate 1Tb 7200Rpm 3.5" Sata (ST1000DM003) | PSU: Thermaltake LitePower 600Watts Black Edition | Display: BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X, Cooler Master Blade Master 120, Deep Cool XFAN 120 | Sound: Razer Kraken Pro, Marshall Major FX, Razer Hammerhead Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser HD 558, Antlion Audio ModMic 4.0, Fiio 6E Portable Amp, Creative Sound Blaster E1 Dac/Amp | Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

What do you need it for?

Sound: Razer Kraken Pro, Marshall Major FX, Razer Hammerhead Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser HD 558, Antlion Audio ModMic 4.0

the one that my motherboard has sucks, plus i am so lucky that the drivers for the Creative Sound Blaster E1 Dac/Amp doesn't work on my pc (Bummer) supposedly problem fixed by that.

Well, I would definitely say that if your computer doesn't work with one creative product, it may not work with another one, so you should go for the Asus...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Thanks man, yeah I might get issues with that. bummer the Creative Sound Blaster E1 Dac/Amp should have done the job.

keep in mind if you buy the asus card....you don't wanna use the asus drivers..you wanna use the xonar modded drivers

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

keep in mind if you buy the asus card....you don't wanna use the asus drivers..you wanna use the xonar modded drivers

I need to look into those for my Xonar card... See if I like the sound better...

Hey! New SIgnature!