Annyone studying C#?

Redliquid
So i'm bored af and im gonna learn C# in school once it starts after summer so i'm wondering if anyone already is studying this language in school and if so, could you show me some of the school assignment you have?

Preferably with like a document with relevant information to the task, like a doc that goes with it :)

Thanks

Redliquid~

-snip-

I do software/game dev right now and we often use C# in combination with XNA Game Studio (<- not relevant anymore, don't bother) and Unity3D (<- you can use that, pretty good and free).

I don't have any projects online right now, but we usually make game stuff. Right now we are working on a space invaders like shooter. (in Unity).

And showing you some of the docs or whatever wont help too, 'cause it's in Dutch :P

But you can find some good Unity3D tutorials on their own site (be sure it's a C# tutorial and now Javascript, because you can use both languages in Unity)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'll study it in the 12th grade. Currently I'm studying C++.

That doesn't mean I haven't used C# though.

Unity is a great example of where I had to use it.

C# offers the power of C++ and simplicity of Visual Basic. However, if C++ was designed to be a low-level platform-neutral object-oriented programming language. C# was designed to be a somewhat higher-level component-oriented language.The move to a managed environment represents a sea change in the way you think about programming. C# is about letting go of precise control, and letting the framework help you focus on the big picture.

For example, in C++ you have tremendous control over the creation and even the layout of your objects. You can create an object on the stack, on the heap, or even in a particular place in memory using the placement operator new.
      With the managed environment of .NET, you give up that level of control. When you choose the type of your object, the choice of where the object will be created is implicit. Simple types (ints, doubles, and longs) are always created on the stack (unless they are contained within other objects), and classes are always created on the heap. You cannot control where on the heap an object is created, you can't get its address, and you can't pin it down in a particular memory location. (There are ways around these restrictions, but they take you out of the mainstream.)
Syntax-wise, the two are very similar.

A small comparison.Also, if you look at history, you'll see that in the early 1980s it was Unix and C; in the early 1990s it was Windows® and C++; and today it is the Microsoft® .NET Framework and C#.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I do software/game dev right now and we often use C# in combination with XNA Game Studio (<- not relevant anymore, don't bother) and Unity3D (<- you can use that, pretty good and free).

I don't have any projects online right now, but we usually make game stuff. Right now we are working on a space invaders like shooter. (in Unity).

And showing you some of the docs or whatever wont help too, 'cause it's in Dutch :P

But you can find some good Unity3D tutorials on their own site (be sure it's a C# tutorial and now Javascript, because you can use both languages in Unity)

ill look at Unity3D tutorials, i have like 0 experience in unity tho so we'll see how it goes

Redliquid~

ill look at Unity3D tutorials, i have like 0 experience in unity tho so we'll see how it goes

If you don't have any programming experience, you might find it better to start learning C# on its own first before adding unity on top of it.

If you don't have any programming experience, you might find it better to start learning C# on its own first before adding unity on top of it. It's less to learn at one time.

Yeah.Unity will help you understand the OOP concept in C#, it will do that really great. It will also teach you how a game actually works.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If you don't have any programming experience, you might find it better to start learning regular C# first then add unity on top of it after you're a bit familiar with C#.

I do have some experience in C#, i took a bunch of online courses for free which i finished.

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/c-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners 

these ones

Redliquid~

Not a hard program/engine to learn to be honest.

The C# in it is not the same as 'vanilla' C#, but it's pretty similar and you will learn some stuff from it :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

For my gcse we have to learn python which is quite easy and usefull so i count my self lucky.

For my gcse we have to learn python which is quite easy and usefull so i count my self lucky.

gcse?

Redliquid~

C# is a gorgeous language. I enjoy every moment of programming in C#. The book that really helped me and is proven by many to be an amazing way to learn is the following book.

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920027812.do

There are tons of assignments and exercises throughout the book that will make sure that you understand what you've been learning. You learn to create games and Windows Forms, Windows Store and Windows Phone apps. And a bunch of other things.