Windows 8 Error 2755

Hello forum members,

Lately I have been experiencing an issue on my Windows 8.1 computer. Whenever I try to install and program, the installer opens, you accept the terms and conditions, then you press install, and an error message comes up showing error code 2755. This has been happening on every program I try to install (about 20 of them). I believe the cause of the issue is that IOBit Uninstaller erased Registry files when uninstalling a program, and that the registry files are all messed up. I have tried looking up tutorials of this issue and they tell you to download a program, which finds issues, but wants you to pay to repair them. Another thing that has been happening (that I think is related to this is) that all my program icons have been dissapearing and being replaced by the no icon image. Below are some images that may help. Now my question is,

Is there an easy (free) way to fix this or should I just revery my PC to my backup from February?

Error2755.pngThe error message that pops up when installing ANY program.

Icon.png The Icon that is replacing my program icons.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Tony T

Error_VDJ.png

Here is another error I got when installing VLC Player, its related to Virtual DJ I think (Virtual DJ also gives error 2755 when installing)

Tony T

Oh dear.... I had this problem.

Bring your system back in time with System Restore, if you can.

If you can't, I was unable to find a permanent proper full fix. I had to re-install Windows.

And yes I tried everything I could find. But maybe new information was released as it has been a while.

You need to make a "windows installer" folder

I created an Installer folder in the Windows directory and used Microsoft Fixit so solve the registry issues. Works now!

Tony T

Nice. Thanks for the update. Would save me quite a bit of time if it happens again!

Thanks for the update!