Silver Conductive Pen - PCB Trace Repair

Surprisingly enough, while we have seen a bit of a hit to initial views, our overall totals on YouTube have only been affected by 10-15%. If we weren't experiencing the ridiculous growth we always are, we may have seen a bit more of a drop. But so far it hasn't had a big negative impact from what I've seen! :)

Have you guys thought of advertising Vessel more? I can't remember if there have ever been any Vessel advertising apart from the initial run you guys had.

PS. You're coming up on 666 posts.

Have you guys thought of advertising Vessel more? I can't remember if there have ever been any Vessel advertising apart from the initial run you guys had.

PS. You're coming up on 666 posts.

We're evaluating ways to work it in organically. Every time we add something to the outro it adds a few seconds, which fuels more "half of this video is advertising" complaints (as inaccurate as most of them are :P ), so we have to be careful with what we add and what we promote in other ways.

If we make that change we want it to be a long-term one, so we're taking our time and making sure we can do it right rather than rushing into it :)

EDIT: Oh my, 665... Guess I can never post again...

We're evaluating ways to work it in organically. Every time we add something to the outro it adds a few seconds, which fuels more "half of this video is advertising" complaints (as inaccurate as most of them are :P ), so we have to be careful with what we add and what we promote in other ways.

If we make that change we want it to be a long-term one, so we're taking our time and making sure we can do it right rather than rushing into it :)

EDIT: Oh my, 665... Guess I can never post again...

Something you could start out with is having the Vessel referral link in your signature here on the forum. Along with links to Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Something you could start out with is having the Vessel referral link in your signature here on the forum. Along with links to Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Solid call sir! Thanks for the suggestion.

that mouse is awesome, i have a bit older version, still going strong after 5 years

it only has 1 AA battery, but lasts for months

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

The conductivity of these inks is terrible. They are probably only suitable for digital signalling, not for anything with high currents, useless for audio and any amount of power. I don't even see you guys attempt to identify the signal you are trying to repair.

Also not all conductive ink pens use silver, the ones that use silver are much more expensive, and the ones that don't have even shittier conductivity

Please learn to repair electronics using thin wires and soldering. 30 gauge kynar coated wire is very good for these types of repairs.

Surprisingly enough, while we have seen a bit of a hit to initial views, our overall totals on YouTube have only been affected by 10-15%. If we weren't experiencing the ridiculous growth we always are, we may have seen a bit more of a drop. But so far it hasn't had a big negative impact from what I've seen! :)

I'm already seeing videos that are 2 weeks old compared to their Vessel release, what will happen when people who got their 1y free account ends? your YT channel will see a massive drop because there are / will be other sources of information that are not 1week or even 2 weeks old - not even counting new people that discover this channel on YT

my feeling is that Linus has made a terrible mistake and if this goes on it will bite you guys is the ass

I'm already seeing videos that are 2 weeks old compared to their Vessel release, what will happen when people who got their 1y free account ends? your YT channel will see a massive drop because there are / will be other sources of information that are not 1week or even 2 weeks old - not even counting new people that discover this channel on YT

my feeling is that Linus has made a terrible mistake and if this goes on it will bite you guys is the ass

We still release all of the timely content - embargoed products, event coverage, etc. - right away. That will never change. Does viewing this Silver Pen video one week, or even two weeks later destroy the efficacy of the video? Not in the slightest. Anything that is time sensitive will be given that priority to release on all platforms at the same time.

Only time will tell I guess, but I don't agree. And it was a team decision - so if it bites us in the ass it's on all of us, not just Linus.

We still release all of the timely content - embargoed products, event coverage, etc. - right away. That will never change. Does viewing this Silver Pen video one week, or even two weeks later destroy the efficacy of the video? Not in the slightest. Anything that is time sensitive will be given that priority to release on all platforms at the same time.

Only time will tell I guess, but I don't agree. And it was a team decision - so if it bites us in the ass it's on all of us, not just Linus.

it's not about that is about previews and reviews that matter to the consumer a whole lot more

it's about the GTV5 video card showdown that's been on Vessel for 6 days now and not on YT

people that search that kind of information need it ASAP, not behind a paywall because by the ~7(+) days you are gonna release it, the video and the information will ultimately become irrelevant - there a lot of other outlets where you could find that info and not 7+ days later

did Linus ever thought about that? if not, he should; but it might already be to late

Most multimeters have a mode where they will beep at you when the measured resistance is low enough to be considered a 'short', this is pretty handy for doing these checks.

Continuity is the word your looking for. I use it a lot troubleshooting wiring harnesses.

it's not about that is about previews and reviews that matter to the consumer a whole lot more

it's about the GTV5 video card showdown that's been on Vessel for 6 days now and not on YT

people that search that kind of information need it ASAP, not behind a paywall because by the ~7(+) days you are gonna release it, the video and the information will ultimately become irrelevant - there a lot of other outlets where you could find that info and not 7+ days later

did Linus ever thought about that? if not, he should; but it might already be to late

We have a 7 day window on Vessel content.

Many times we don't release a video about a product until MONTHS after release. Does that make the information irrelevant? No. As I said in my previous post, content about an embargoed product and event coverage will not have a delay. We have no metrics outside of that to determine what "matter to the consumer a whole lot more[.]"

You're asking a lot of loaded questions about what THE TEAM considered - and it's important to note that there were multiple people involved in this decision, not just Linus. This decision was not made lightly.

We have a 7 day window on Vessel content.

Many times we don't release a video about a product until MONTHS after release. Does that make the information irrelevant? No. As I said in my previous post, content about an embargoed product and event coverage will not have a delay. We have no metrics outside of that to determine what "matter to the consumer a whole lot more[.]"

You're asking a lot of loaded questions about what THE TEAM considered - and it's important to note that there were multiple people involved in this decision, not just Linus. This decision was not made lightly.

yes, it kinda' makes it irrelevant because the difference between the content that you (LMG) present and compared to other sources is very small

let's say a new video card is released, you have a lot of different outlets that present their reviews as soon (day1) as the NDA is lifted, while LMG releases their video 1week late on YT, but on time behind a paywall - what are you gonna do? wait or go for the other outlets

^ this is the problem as I see it

---

I see that today's video was posted simultaneously (roughly) on both platforms - this is a good start  ;)

yes, it kinda' makes it irrelevant because the difference between the content that you (LMG) present and compared to other sources is very small

let's say a new video card is released, you have a lot of different outlets that present their reviews as soon (day1) as the NDA is lifted, while LMG releases their video 1week late on YT, but on time behind a paywall - what are you gonna do? wait or go for the other outlets

^ this is the problem as I see it

---

I see that today's video was posted simultaneously (roughly) on both platforms - this is a good start  ;)

Sorry, but you're just not correct... Our GTA V video is doing extremely well on YT (over 300,000 views at this point) even though it came out 2 weeks after release. If you consider that "irrelevant" then I really don't know what to say...

I guess I will say this for the third time - we still have the full capability to release TIMELY content (products under NDA and events) on both platforms simultaneously. This eliminates your "problem."

Anyway, I'm done derailing this thread. If you have any more comments send them in a PM, I'm not responding to this chain anymore.