Wifi Speed has dropped

So I realised recently that my wifi speed seems to have dropped quite dramatically. Before I was getting download speeds in the double digits on my phone and laptop, now it seems it struggles to even load the app/website. Through an Ethernet cable it's fine, sometimes going into the 50's and I have't even moved the hub. I'm using a bt hub 3 if that makes a difference and I have tried resetting it and refreshing the wifi channels but still nothing seems to work. Is there some thing I could do in the settings? Or could I get some new router to boost it?

I just ran a speed test and got 0.17mbps down and 0.73mbps up

post-222553-0-17290900-1429768431.jpg

post-222553-0-24099000-1429768526.png

Any reason you;re running wireless when you have an ethernet option? Just curious

Try resetting your router / modem again, it always works for me

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Do you have wifi analyzer on your phone? If not, get it, it's super useful. See if there's anything anomalous.

Woo!

Any reason you;re running wireless when you have an ethernet option? Just curious

Try resetting your router / modem again, it always works for me

I use wifi because all the ports are being used and I try resetting but it doesn't seem to make any difference

Set the channel to auto in the router settings. A good router should be able to determine which channel has the least interference and use that. If not, download Wifi Analyzer if you have an Android device to determine which channel is the most crowded. If all the channels are pretty crowded, look to upgrade to a dual band router to utilize the less crowded 5ghz network. A rock stable and fast router would be the Airport Extreme 5th gen and 6th gen which are among the highest rated routers on amazon due to the unrivaled stability (think never ever having the router restart unless you're changing settings) and ease of use. There are "better" routers that offer more features such as the Asus RT-AC3200 or Netgear Nighthawk that look better on paper but you'll eventually run into problems because the firmware they use are generally pretty unstable. A great site to read reviews on routers is SmallNetBuilder.

backup any data you need on the phone and reset it to factory defaults..and the router as well

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Well if you have 900$ to spend...

Linus has reviewed a great little gadget. check to see if your router is 2.4ghz or 5 ghz, Things such as walkie talkies, RC cars can try to hop onto your 2.4ghz router, Also people downloading or watching youtube while your on the web will slow you down

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/