AMD FX-9590 @5GHZ vs FX 8370 OC

i seen people run way more on way less than my cpu

it will run it just fine it might run a tiny bit better on a i7 but thats about it

you guys throw around the word bottleneck whenever u feel like it but theres a difference between bottleneck and better performance 

it will run it just fine it might run a tiny bit better on a i7 but thats about it

you guys throw around the word bottleneck whenever u feel like it but theres a difference between bottleneck and better performance 

A tiny bit better than an i7? PMSL, they only manage to keep up with an i5 when all threads are being hammered.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I see my post was deleted, no sense of humor on here lolllzz,

internets serious biz

On the side note, my 9590 on the H110 runs 40c idle. I have the fans on as low as the mobo will let them. It will see 65-68c full load for hours on end. I have some SP140 pushing, and stock fans pulling. Not any hotter than a 4790 oc to the max.

What is the clock speed?

Yea I trust him tbh. But I have to say I havent tried either the i5 or the 8350 or the i7, so Im not going to sit here telling you about how the 8350 will bottleneck or be better or same performance as an i5. I just hope everyone talking about what the 8350 can do actually used an 8350 before. 

Yea I trust him tbh. But I have to say I havent tried either the i5 or the 8350 or the i7, so Im not going to sit here telling you about how the 8350 will bottleneck or be better or same performance as an i5. I just hope everyone talking about what the 8350 can do actually used an 8350 before.

i used to have an FX-8320@4.6ghz in my system and honestly for games, most of the time...it's really not that great TBH.

I also did ran a lot of testing by disabling cores simulating FX-4300 and FX-6300 at different clock speed...also trash.

Also played games disabling HT on i7 to simulate core i5...disabled 2 cores but left HT on to simulate core i3...also ran with only 2 cores enabled and not HT to simulate pentium G3258.

Results:

core i3 play most games somewhat well, core i5 even at 3.2ghz is a lot better than G3258 or any core i3...FX-8320@4.6ghz is okay but nothing impressive and will tank really hard in many games, some MMO's and RPG i would even consider unplayable on this where they run perfectly fine on a core i3...for modern games that can use more threads such as BF4 for example the FX-8320 is better than the core i3, but still fall way short of an i5...and 4 core WITH HT is beast and will trash any games out there on maximum settings provided you have the GPU horsepower behind it.

Good matching GPU's for 1080p gaming would be:

-FX-4300/ G3258 / Athlon 860K = GTX 750ti or R7 265

-FX-6300/FX-83XX = GTX 760 or R9 280 tops (R9 280X...huh maybe but it's already pushing it IMHO...GTX 780? defenetly too much for this, i learned that first hand to my greatest disapointment in PC gaming EVER)

-Haswell core i3 = R9 280X or GTX 960 (i can max out my GTX 780 at 1080p gaming with 2 cores enabled and HT enabled in MANY games...but it's unblanced and you want at least an i5 for GPU's as powerful as the GTX 780(ti)/R9 290(x) GTX 970...)

-Haswell core i5/i7- locked or unlocked = any single card you'd like, go get a titan X if you can afford one.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's not really about whether it will be "fine," of course it runs things fine—nearly everything does, that's a very low bar. And no, it probably won't significantly bottleneck performance if you're only aiming to play at 60 FPS.

But you don't buy for the GPU-bound games. You buy what's going to help you most often in CPU-bound games, and when CPU performance matters the FX-9590 can be considered only reliably as fast as a $150 Core i3. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But for ~$230 and an 88 Watt TDP, a Core i5 is virtually always faster in games. You may have to turn off your framerate cap to see it, but why would you pay the same for an inferior product at all?

Well, you've got the information and it's your call to make. To answer your original question as-asked, the FX-9590 is basically the same silicon from any FX-83XX, it's just cherry-picked to ensure stability at these settings. I think the FX-8350 is a more reasonable product if AMD is the only option you'll consider, given the often very marginal difference in performance and pricing that makes more sense for it's actual gaming performance.

I have. I went from an 8350 overclocked to 4.8Ghz to an i7 4790k. Massive fucking upgrade. 10-50 fps depending on game. The 8350 was bottlenecking the fuck out of a humble 680 SLI setup.

I don't really give a crap about brand name, but it's stupid to compare ancient tech with anything new. It wasn't even considered very powerful when it was released. 

It was a boatload cheaper so the bang for buck argument holds. The 9590s bang for buck however... 

Potato

i used to have an FX-8320@4.6ghz in my system and honestly for games, most of the time...it's really not that great TBH.

I also did ran a lot of testing by disabling cores simulating FX-4300 and FX-6300 at different clock speed...also trash.

Also played games disabling HT on i7 to simulate core i5...disabled 2 cores but left HT on to simulate core i3...also ran with only 2 cores enabled and not HT to simulate pentium G3258.

Results:

core i3 play most games somewhat well, core i5 even at 3.2ghz is a lot better than G3258 or any core i3...FX-8320@4.6ghz is okay but nothing impressive and will tank really hard in many games, some MMO's and RPG i would even consider unplayable on this where they run perfectly fine on a core i3...for modern games that can use more threads such as BF4 for example the FX-8320 is better than the core i3, but still fall way short of an i5...and 4 core WITH HT is beast and will trash any games out there on maximum settings provided you have the GPU horsepower behind it.

Good matching GPU's for 1080p gaming would be:

-FX-4300/ G3258 / Athlon 860K = GTX 750ti or R7 265

-FX-6300/FX-83XX = GTX 760 or R9 280 tops (R9 280X...huh maybe but it's already pushing it IMHO...GTX 780? defenetly too much for this, i learned that first hand to my greatest disapointment in PC gaming EVER)

-Haswell core i3 = R9 280X or GTX 960 (i can max out my GTX 780 at 1080p gaming with 2 cores enabled and HT enabled in MANY games...but it's unblanced and you want at least an i5 for GPU's as powerful as the GTX 780(ti)/R9 290(x) GTX 970...)

-Haswell core i5/i7- locked or unlocked = any single card you'd like, go get a titan X if you can afford one.

My 780TI does not bottleneck anything I have on a single 1080 screen. I put the second card in, then yes, but I play 5760x1080 now, now I'm back to no bottlenecking. Yes an Intel would be better, but I'm fine. A lot of the games are starting to use all cores now that I play so its making it nicer.

lol theres no way i would change over my system for even a i7 right now not when i can divert that money to another 290x or even a 295x2

the 10 fps i would gain vs more video cards

video cards win every time lol

maybe even get a couple more 42" tvs and make a surround setup lol

You have an FX processor?

You'd rather have even bigger bottlenecks than full performance of even one of your cards.

OK. Have fun with that.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

You have an FX processor?

You'd rather have even bigger bottlenecks than full performance of even one of your cards.

OK. Have fun with that.

multi screens is a must if you get another card, no bottlenecking then

multi screens is a must if you get another card, no bottlenecking then

Nah dude, you like the flavour of the neck of a bottle. That's fine man.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

i have a fx-9590, i play at 1080p and i have yet to see my cpu bottlencking a gpu (280x),

besides that i can not recomend a i5 when dx12 is coming and we already know that anything below 6 cores will have a performance penality, at leat recomend a i7 or a haswell-e cpu.

i have a fx-9590, i play at 1080p and i have yet to see my cpu bottlencking a gpu (280x),

besides that i can not recomend a i5 when dx12 is coming and we already know that anything below 6 cores will have a performance penality, at leat recomend a i7 or a haswell-e cpu.

I'll put this frankly, but Dont take it personally.

You're flat out wrong. We Dont know anything about DX12 besides it'll be getting rid of draw call bottlenecks by moving the graphics stack across multiple cores.

Its still up to developers to use multiple cores for their AI processing, physics calculations, and all the other crap the CPU does while you're playing.

It doesn't magically turn an 8350 into a gold brick. It doesn't magically make your system top of the line. It doesn't revive old hardware.

The only benches released are before-afters of draw call bottleneck situations produced to make Microsoft look good.

Spoiler

I'll put thus frankly, but Dont take it personally.

You're flat out wrong. We Dont know anything about DX12 besides it'll be getting rid of draw call bottlenecks by moving the graphics stack across multiple cores.

Its still up to developers to use multiple cores for their AI processing, physics calculations, and all the other crap the CPU does while you're playing.

It doesn't magically turn an 8350 into a gold brick. It doesn't magically make your system top of the line. It doesn't revive old hardware.

The only benches released are before-afters of draw call bottleneck situations produced to make Microsoft look good.

This. Even the AMD slides http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2015/04/22/major-new-features-of-directx-12

on DX12 basically show that what it does is distribute the load of the DirectX runtime and driver over all of the cores, instead of just the first one. The actual game code is still limited to whatever number of cores the developer wants. Using their graph if they slide the cores 5-8 workload up to core 1-4 and distributed the load evenly it would only push the overall render time out a few milliseconds. So it may improve 8 core AMD systems by 5-10 fps, but when they are behind by more than that against 4690k or 4790k already, it is closing the gap but still slower. 

i dont know how u think bottlenecks its imposssible ( most of u that use the term bottlenecks are noobs )

i have pirated every game under the sun 

not once have i seen a botteneck for my 290x i think ur just hitting thermal limits somehow ( i have beyond adaquate cooling for my computer lol ) 6 120m fans if u include the gtx fans plus 2 little ones on my side panels

Huge citation needed there.

Especially since there is currently no such thing as a DirectX 12 game. Anyone who claims to know how non-existent games run is making things up.

I'll put this frankly, but Dont take it personally.

We have already seen with Mantle that it can remove a lot of common CPU bottlenecks.  It's not going to be magic for every game like MMO's or simulators, but it will certainly help for AAA titles.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

We have already seen with Mantle that it can remove a lot of common CPU bottlenecks. It's not going to be magic for every game like MMO's or simulators, but it will certainly help for AAA titles.

Who's to say that everyone is gonna use it? Doesn't seem that popular currently, I doubt its gonna be a widespread thing amongst developers.

Spoiler

Who's to say that everyone is gonna use it? Doesn't seem that popular currently, I doubt its gonna be a widespread thing amongst developers.

There's a ton of hype around it.  I think we'll see a fair amount of technically inclined devs adopt it fairly early. (DICE, CDPR, Epic, Rebellion, Crytek)  It's still going to take a couple of years to be as widespread as DX11 is though.  But I think there's a bit more incentive here than there was for DX10/11.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

i dont know how u think bottlenecks its imposssible ( most of u that use the term bottlenecks are noobs )

i have pirated every game under the sun 

not once have i seen a botteneck for my 290x i think ur just hitting thermal limits somehow ( i have beyond adaquate cooling for my computer lol ) 6 120m fans if u include the gtx fans plus 2 little ones on my side panels

Pmsl, your the noob who doesn't even check GPU usage.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Pmsl, your the noob who doesn't even check GPU usage.

i got my gpu cpu usage and temp  on my sceen at all times

get a clue maybe?