AMD FX-9590 @5GHZ vs FX 8370 OC

I'm planning a build. I have these 2 CPU in mind which I may use. The cooler I will be using is the rajintek triton. Since I wil be mostly gaming, I have decided to go with AMD. Do tell me which one is better. Thx!

They are literally the same processor with different default settings.

But AMD has not released any new enthusiast-class CPUs for ages, the FX platform is ancient at this point. An i5-4690K would be a much stronger choice.

Since I wil be mostly gaming, I have decided to go with AMD. Do tell me which one is better. 

Umm an i5 would wreck either, so I dont see your gaming justification as being a valid reason to choose AMD. 

Between the two, I'd get the 8370 and just OC it. The 9590 is a rip, as it has almost the same power.

I would HIGHLY push you to get an Intel CPU, though. Anything from the i5-4440 to the i5-4690K would be better than the 8000-series from AMD.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Just take a FX-8350 and OC it, because it's the same CPU with the same architecture. 

if you are gaming you should buy an i5 instead...

it will perform way better than both those AMD CPUs

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm planning a build. I have these 2 CPU in mind which I may use. The cooler I will be using is the rajintek triton. Since I wil be mostly gaming, I have decided to go with AMD. Do tell me which one is better. Thx!

May I ask why you were going for AMD?

Intel i5 CPU's are a better choice for gaming over AMD FX CPU's.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i5 - Gaming
FX 8300 and upwards - Multitasking, Server hosting, Rendering, Recording gameplay.

the FX line is good(It is old though), But if you will only play games and browse the web you wont have much use for more than 4 cores.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I have a 8350 and I can tell you that it is a bad choice in today's market.  When I bought it 2 years ago it was a good choice but now its so far behind an i5 its no contest

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

At identical clockspeeds they perform the same.

Getting an 8370 to 5 GHz may not be a guarantee, but personally I have been able to do it.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I just want to tell you right now that amd is not good for gaming since it has poor IPC. Go for Intel. If you wan to save a bit of money go for an I5-4460 which costs pretty much the same as a 8370 or go for an 15-4690k

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Avoid AMD in that price range you can easily afford a core i5 which will destroy the FX-9590 at just about any games...you won't find a single gaming benchmarks in which the AMD FX CPU's would be faster than even a stock i5-4440...and the core i5 will pull much less energy from the wall, will trow out much less heat, does not come on a 5 years old outdated platform with no support for PCIE3.0, Msata, M.2 etc...AMD FX for a gamer is a VERY poor choice...a core i3-4150 play most games better.

This would be my recommendation:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($188.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $268.98

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-22 15:01 EDT-0400

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

really depends on the games you play...

it does not...the core i5 play EVERY games better and will end up costing about the same or less once you've considered a good 8+2 power phase board for AMD FX overclocking and proper CPU cooling.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

personally i love my 9590

i already had all the water cooling i needed for it though, not sure if i would go with their tiny water cooler

if u grab it i would get a h100i gtx it will keep it nice and cool 20c idle 40C maxed out

if u got with overclocking u probably gonna have to leave all the power saving options left off and be stuck with a warm processor all the time but u will save money and enjoy a much louder pc for less cost

i got this thing in my bed room and i keep the gtx on low and silent mode and didnt want a overclocked jet engine in my room

Just take a FX-8350 and OC it, because it's the same CPU with the same architecture. 

The best chips have already been cherry picked for the higher sku so the chances of getting as high an overclock are lower.

I think you should take the advice of all these wise men and women as well as pretty much 90+% of the enthusiast community and go Intel. 

my 9590 on the H110 runs 40c idle. I have the fans on as low as the mobo will let them. It will see 65-68c full load for hours on end. I have some SP140 pushing, and stock fans pulling. Not any hotter than a 4790 oc to the max.

The FX-9590 is a $240 CPU just get a i5-4690k instead it will get you much further in gaming.

my 9590 on the H110 runs 40c idle. I have the fans on as low as the mobo will let them. It will see 65-68c full load for hours on end. I have some SP140 pushing, and stock fans pulling. Not any hotter than a 4790 oc to the max.

You do realise that your CPU has an IPC that is very close to that of a Celeron M? Which is based on a Pentium III, which came out in late 1998. And an IPC that is a lot lower than a Core 2 Duo E8500. Which is 4 years older than an FX 8350. Unless what you intend to do on it requires as many threads as possible (and even then, you'd be better off saving just a little bit more for a xeon), its very bad value for money.

Of the 2 the FX 8370 is the better choice. But as mentioned by a lot of people you would be better off with an i5. Anything from the i5 4440 to the i7 4790K will run any modern game perfectly. Even i3's do ok.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i5 is better but not worth upgrading, for me,   Not like it plays games shitty....  plays games great! Love me AMD cpus, always have. I'm holding out for Zen! should be awesome. If it's not, I'll go with a 5930K

lol theres no way i would change over my system for even a i7 right now not when i can divert that money to another 290x or even a 295x2 

the 10 fps i would gain vs more video cards 

video cards win every time lol

maybe even get a couple more 42" tvs and make a surround setup lol

i5 is better but not worth upgrading, for me,   Not like it plays games shitty....  plays games great! Love me AMD cpus, always have. I'm holding out for Zen! should be awesome. If it's not, I'll go with a 5930K

Note to self: AMD fan, does not make logical choices, shouldn't take too seriously. Eg. Goes by brand instead of performance.  (And FYI, I love AMD's older CPU's such as the Phenom II, K6-2 500 and 386 DX 40, I buy the best CPU I can afford).

lol theres no way i would change over my system for even a i7 right now not when i can divert that money to another 290x or even a 295x2 

the 10 fps i would gain vs more video cards 

video cards win every time lol

maybe even get a couple more 42" tvs and make a surround setup lol

3 words on any further GPU upgrades: Massive CPU Bottleneck.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL