HD700 yes or no?

Cookybiscuit
Go to solution Solved by creatip123,

HD700 is kinda funny. Some people like it (me included), others dislike it. It's not like HD800, which most people like, and the others are just indifferent (not dislike).

It's certainly warmer than HD800, but not dark as HD650. It's kinda a gamble, you might like it, then again, you might not.

Well, if you're buying from amazon, dig up some info about return policy. If they allow returns (maybe losing a bit of shipping money), then yeah, just go for it. Compare the 2, get rid of the one you like less. Or keep both of them, just because....

So it looks like the HD700's got a price drop, or they are at least cheaper than I remember them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Circumaural-Dynamic-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B008B8UBCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429679837&sr=8-1&keywords=hd700

I've currently got HD650's, running them off my motherboard audio. I don't really have any complains about them, but I wouldn't mind a step up if the HD700's are any good. Anyone got any suggestions as to if or not this is a good idea? I'm at like a 90/10 split for gaming/music, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

no dont do it.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I would go for it if you got the money they are closer to the hd800 than to the 650 in the sense it's brighter with a much bigger soundstage.

If you are not a fan of a brighter sound signature you won't enjoy it. I'd say that's the largest factor in of itself, the change in FR.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Would it be worth it if I'm just using onboard audio? I'm using an Asrock Extreme 4 Z77, not sure what audio chipset it uses but I've heard its decent.

Any effect that might have is smaller than the change in FR. The sensitivity of both the HD600 and HD700s are similar. Think about the FR.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

HD700 is kinda funny. Some people like it (me included), others dislike it. It's not like HD800, which most people like, and the others are just indifferent (not dislike).

It's certainly warmer than HD800, but not dark as HD650. It's kinda a gamble, you might like it, then again, you might not.

Well, if you're buying from amazon, dig up some info about return policy. If they allow returns (maybe losing a bit of shipping money), then yeah, just go for it. Compare the 2, get rid of the one you like less. Or keep both of them, just because....

Any effect that might have is smaller than the change in FR. The sensitivity of both the HD600 and HD700s are similar. Think about the FR.

FR?

Yeah, I've heard the HD700's are subjective. Bleh, it's Amazon so I can just send them back I suppose.

FR?

Yeah, I've heard the HD700's are subjective. Bleh, it's Amazon so I can just send them back I suppose.

Frequency response. Would you like more treble in your music?

Frequency response. Would you like more treble in your music?

Don't really like bass heavy sounding headphones, but I've never tried the opposite, maybe.

Ordered them, thanks for the help guys.

Don't really like bass heavy sounding headphones, but I've never tried the opposite, maybe.

Ordered them, thanks for the help guys.

Frequency response is basically 'how it sounds'. For instance, HD650's FR is a bit recessed in the upper mid and high frequencies, giving it a 'dark' sound. 'Bright' is just the opposite.

If you're interested in learning more (while having fun), google philips golden ear challenge. It's a knowledge based, fun audio quizzes....

Consider Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI, I tried it last week and it's good. Warm tilted neutral sound signature with a bit of elevated upper mids, its sound signature is almost like a more warm version of AKG K712 / K7xx

But like creatip123 said, HD700 is very niche

Consider Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI, I tried it last week and it's good. Warm tilted neutral sound signature with a bit of elevated upper mids, its sound signature is almost like a more warm version of AKG K712 / K7xx

But like creatip123 said, HD700 is very niche

i wouldn't call the pandora hope VI warm, as it uses balanced armature, which creates brightness, though not the usual dynamic driver brightness. but still i wouldnt call it warm.

it uses balanced armature, which creates brightness

That's as stupid as saying planar drivers are bassy.

That's as stupid as saying planar drivers are bassy.

But they do create bassiness. See the difference?

But they do create bassiness. See the difference?

So high end speakers which use planar tweeters do so because they want their treble to have bassiness?

So high end speakers which use planar tweeters do so because they want their treble to have bassiness?

Now you're getting it. Punchy, full treble.

i wouldn't call the pandora hope VI warm, as it uses balanced armature, which creates brightness, though not the usual dynamic driver brightness. but still i wouldnt call it warm.

Is it based on your assumption or did you listen to it?

Wouldn't make any difference with this one.

i already listened to it, vocals is a lot forward than the bass.

i already listened to it, vocals is a lot forward than the bass.

HD600 is like that and most if not all call it warm. Like I said previously, I think it's warm tilted neutral.

Something like HD650 i probably would call warm