DDR3 price drops

Daveeede

Hey guys, I doubt I'm the only person noticing this, but ram prices have dropped significantly in the last couple of months, at least here in Canada. When I built my rig last May I couldn't find a single 16gb kit under 160$, now they're as low as 120$ with higher-end kits at 150$! I would've thought they'd go up in price with the poor Canadian dollar, but they've actually gone down! 

Is the launch of DDR4 the main factor or has production just become less costly? Just wondering here.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Production become less costly and the transition to DDR4 maybe hahaha 

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

Wow, might be time to grab some 2x8GB sticks.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

I paid $125 for my 8gb last year :/

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Ooooo yay! maybe now I can get another kit of 2x4GB for a total of 16GB for under $60!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I got 8gb Corsair vengeance for $56 a couple years ago.

It is decreasing though.

System: Thinkpad T460

Just flicked my pcpartpicker to show US pricing and 16gb goes for under 100$ south of the border. I can cry.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Wow, might be time to grab some 2x8GB sticks.

For me its time to buy some 2x16 sticks for GTA 5

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

For me its time to buy some 2x16 sticks for GTA 5

Uh, why do you need 32 GB for GTA V? lol

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Hey guys, I doubt I'm the only person noticing this, but ram prices have dropped significantly in the last couple of months, at least here in Canada. When I built my rig last May I couldn't find a single 16gb kit under 160$, now they're as low as 120$ with higher-end kits at 150$! I would've thought they'd go up in price with the poor Canadian dollar, but they've actually gone down! 

Is the launch of DDR4 the main factor or has production just become less costly? Just wondering here.

I've noticed this too, not really sure why.  Don't forget to follow your threads btw (top right of the thread)