Liberland - the new European nation that runs off of Bitcoin

TopWargamer

Source 1: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/welcome-liberland-bitcoin-national-currency/

Source 2: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/welcome-to-liberland-europes-tiny-new-country-where-taxes-are-optional-and-youre-allowed-to-move-in-as-long-as-youre-not-a-nazi-10185477.html

Source 3: http://www.geek.com/news/man-forms-tiny-european-nation-160000-sign-up-to-become-citizens-1620943/

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland

On April 13, 2015 a nation was declared in Europe - Liberland. Where is Liberland? It's found right between Croatia and Serbia. The new country was founded a political stunt, but it has quickly received enough support to the point where it became a real nation.

mapa3.png

While it is odd that a new nation is being founded in 2015, Liberland continues to do things a bit more unorthodox. First, taxes are optional. Second, there will be no military. Third, Liberland's official currency will be a cryptocurrency. Which one? All of them, although Bitcoin will more than likely be the primary source of money. 

If you're interested, there are only a few requirements to become a citizen of Liberland:

-Have respect for other people and respect the opinions of others, regardless of their race, ethnicity, orientation, or religion

-Have respect for private ownership that is untouchable

-Do not have communist, nazi or another extremist past

-You were not punished for past criminal offenses

But you better get in line, because over 160,000 people have signed up so far, and the land can only hold roughly 5,000 people. 

The official Liberland website can be found here: http://liberland.org/en/main/

COMIC SANS

wut.

so big things like this happen all of a sudden? omg

on the other hand I hope Bitcoin Price goes to the moon because i have some in Long term storage as an experiment

edit: they say no military... but are Croatia and Serbia going to get angry that they are losing land? What if they decide to take it over? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

WOOOOO balkans strong. Im moving there, fuck you Cerar, fuck you Jovanka Kosor :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I hereby officially declare my own nation, in my room.

PCMASTERRACEGAMING-ISTAN. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hereby officially declare my own nation, in my room.

PCMASTERRACEGAMING-ISTAN. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD

In that case, P3MRANDSCREW2000+. ALL HAIL MY ULTIMATE RIG

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

edit: they say no military... but are Croatia and Serbia going to get angry that they are losing land? What if they decide to take it over? 

It was unclaimed land 

situated on an unclaimed parcel of land at the western bank of the Danube river betweenCroatia and Serbia, sharing a land border with the former.

Taken from wikipedia

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

(Furiously laughing)

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It was unclaimed land 

Taken from wikipedia

Right.....the encyclopedia that's edited by anyone, and is known for inaccuracies.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The capital :

Liberpolis_-_April_15%2C_2015.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

-snip

all hail the hypno toad.....

I bet someone's backyard will be bigger than this "nation". :lol:

wut.

so big things like this happen all of a sudden? omg

on the other hand I hope Bitcoin Price goes to the moon because i have some in Long term storage as an experiment

Logically, they bought the land from either of those countries.

I bet someone's backyard will be bigger than this "nation".  :lol:

The Vatican is 0.44 km² this is 7 km²

Taxes are optional, they need to import everything and use bitcoin... I give it 6 months before they are completely broke and starving and ask croatia to let them in.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How is there unclaimed land?

I thought that really wasnt a thing anymore. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Logically, they bought the land from either of those countries.

From what I know that was noman's land, it was quite literally free for the taking. Some consequence of a disagreement between serbia and croatia I'm told.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

From what I know that was noman's land, it was quite literally free for the taking. Some consequence of a disagreement between serbia and croatia I'm told.

I'm sure they didnt just go, this is mine, Fuck you Serbia and Croatia. They probably negotiated things with them.

I'm sure they didnt just go, this is mine, Fuck you Serbia and Croatia. They probably negotiated things with them.

well if either of them didn't want them there they wouldn't be there ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Right.....the encyclopedia that's edited by anyone, and is known for inaccuracies.....

It also says it in the other 3 sources

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

they probably had a meeting that went something along the lines of:

*secretary*: "sir you know that piece of land we never claimed on the border"

leader: "yes... what about it?"

*secretary*: "well someone just called us and they said they want to start their own nation on it"

leader: "really? pahahaha sure i guess let them have it, theres nothing there XD"

*secretary: "yes sir, i will let them know"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Yarrr,

Yeah this want be a thing for long.

They lack a coast line with either a sea or lake.

Ergo there are no pirates, and we all know this leads to a bitter doom.

YARRRRGGHH!!!!

How is there unclaimed land?

I thought that really wasnt a thing anymore. 

It's disputed land, technically controlled by Croatia.