PC Crashing While Gaming

Harbz

Hi guys, I built my pc about 1 month ago, and all of a sudden itr keeps crashing while im playing League Of Legends. It first starting happeneing and i noticed before it only happened with a Twitch Stream running in the background. Now it happens every other game, while im playing even with nothing running in the background. When it crashes i get either a black or green or orange or brown screen, and in order to get my pc back i have to ALT + CTRL + DEL, and use Task manager.All temps for everything seem to be fine, GPU at 70Degrees, CPU at 45Degrees, Mobo at 35Degrees. These are the temps when it crashes. I also used to get Kernel Drive issues before, but all of a sudden they message never pops up and it just crashes. I have reinstalled the Drivers multple times, using Custom install and tried reinstalling Chrome and League of Legends.

Specs are: i7 4790K CPU, MSi Z97 Gaming 3 Mobo, 4GB EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 GPU, 16GB Vengpro DDR3 2133Mhz RAM, Asus Xonar Xense SoundCard, Corsair AX860i PSU, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler.

Any advice would be great, and if i have left anything out let me know and ill give you more information.

I just checked the Event Logger and around the time it Crashed i have Event ID 4101.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Harbz

Hi guys, I built my pc about 1 month ago, and all of a sudden itr keeps crashing while im playing League Of Legends. It first starting happeneing and i noticed before it only happened with a Twitch Stream running in the background. Now it happens every other game, while im playing even with nothing running in the background. When it crashes i get either a black or green or orange or brown screen, and in order to get my pc back i have to ALT + CTRL + DEL, and use Task manager.

Specs are: i7 4790K CPU, MSi Z97 Gaming 3 Mobo, 4GB EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 GPU, 16GB Vengpro DDR3 2133Mhz RAM, Asus Xonar Xense SoundCard, Corsair AX860i PSU, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler.

All temps for everything seem to be fine, GPU at 70Degrees, CPU at 45Degrees, Mobo at 35Degrees. These are the temps when it crashes. I also used to get Kernel Drive issues before, but all of a sudden they message never pops up and it just crashes.....

I have reinstalled the Drivers multple times, using Custom install and tried reinstalling Chrome and League of Legends.

Any advice would be great, and if i have left anything out let me know and ill give you more information.

Thanks in advance :)

Any sort of overclock on the gpu?

sounds like a graphical problem, but since the screen turns random colors, it might be other wise. Normally with a gpu driver crash the game freezes/ goes into windows mode, and windows gives a little popup. Try running vsync to limit the fps/ gpu load and see if it runs longer without crashing...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I have not overclocked it myself, just what ever it comes at as stock.

I will try running V-Sync :)#

I just checked the Even Logger and around the time it Crashed i have Event ID 4101.

If that helps with anything

Still having the same problem :(, any other suggestions ?

Memory leak possibly?  Does it happen with all games?

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Run memtest86+ for a few passes and see how things turn out, there could be an issue.

You can also try running DriverCleaner and doing a fresh install of the nVidia drivers as that's what event 4101 is indicating.

It is also possible you have a PSU issue, but that would probably be a little more blue screen and a lot less funky colours.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Sorry for the late reply, been preparing for my Uni exams.

It happened a few times in BF4 and 3, but it mainly happens in League of Legends.

@ApolloX75 I have used a Driver cleaner and installed the nVidia drivers again, but havnt had time to play since doing it, but when i do ill let you guys know.

I will try MemTest. PSU may be the problem but i am using it from my Older PC, which didnt have these problems :(, other than Kernel Driver issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys i have done some more testing. I used Heaven Benchmark 4.0, ran it at maz settings for 1hour and had no problems at all. But still when i play League of Legends, or any of the Battlefields my computer crashes. I have noticed it happens once the system gets hotter, still within normal temps of around 65-75Degrees on the GPU and around 50Degrees on the CPU.

Do you guys think a fresh install of windows may do the trick ?