Weirdest Display Port Problem.

kenjigreat

System: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H/GTX 980/16GB RAM/ i7 4790K/Windows 7 64Bit.

Display Acer XB280HK.

The Problem- My display port keeps giving no signal, but only when the computer has booted , when the computer is booting the Bios and Windows Icon , My 4k Monitor Displays the Bios and Icon at 640x480 then goes to No Signal. I hooked up my 1080p monitor via HDMI , the computer can detect the monitor but can't do anything else such as check properties.

Things I've tried , Unplugging Display , Unistalling Nvidia Drivers.

It is display mode 1.2, I'm using the latest Drivers and my GPU Temp is below 65 Degree Celcius

System: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H/GTX 980/16GB RAM/ i7 4790K/Windows 7 64Bit.

Display Acer XB280HK.

The Problem- My display port keeps giving no signal, but only when the computer has booted , when the computer is booting the Bios and Windows Icon , My 4k Monitor Displays the Bios and Icon at 640x480 then goes to No Signal. I hooked up my 1080p monitor via HDMI , the computer can detect the monitor but can't do anything else such as check properties.

Things I've tried , Unplugging Display , Unistalling Nvidia Drivers.

It is display mode 1.2, I'm using the latest Drivers and my GPU Temp is below 65 Degree Celcius

only thing i can think of is making sure that the gpu is set as the primary output in the bios, but one would assume it would not show anything if it was set like that...

Do you have a backup monitor to make sure that windows outputs something? maybe its the cable, and thats why everything is low res...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

only thing i can think of is making sure that the gpu is set as the primary output in the bios, but one would assume it would not show anything if it was set like that...

Do you have a backup monitor to make sure that windows outputs something? maybe its the cable, and thats why everything is low res...

Don't have a backup monitor with a displayport. My Backup Monitor uses HDMI , It outputs at 1080p on it.

Don't have a backup monitor with a displayport. My Backup Monitor uses HDMI , It outputs at 1080p on it.

Does the hdmi work on the 4k monitor (grated it wont run on 4k, but you can test if the display port cable is faulty)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Does the hdmi work on the 4k monitor (grated it wont run on 4k, but you can test if the display port cable is faulty)

There is no HDMI Slot for my Monitor -_-.

• 1 month later...

Hello, have you resolved this?

I just wanted to add something in case anyone is searching for answers to a similar frustrating problem and happens across this thread.

Long story short, I was having the same "No signal detected" problem (and more confusing/annoying because it would intermittently boot and work properly, or work when I connected a second monitor to the DVI output on the video card), with an Asus Strix 970GTX and a new Acer Predator XB270HU monitor connected with DisplayPort.

For me, the solution was not a new cable, but updating my video card's vBIOS. Apparently there is a known issue with some video cards and compatibility with DisplayPort.

Asus has a program called GPU Tweak that is supposed to be able to update the vBIOS of their cards, but when I ran it it said the bios was up to date. I then went to the support/drivers section of their website and downloaded the new vBIOS version from there for my specific card. After updating, it seems to be resolved (knock on wood)

So, if you are having similar DisplayPort issues, try updating the vBIOS for your card and see if that helps. Other steps I took first based on looking around online for a solution were: setting my power settings in control panel to "high performance", updating motherboard BIOS, and updating video card drivers. Good luck!