So can anyone help me with a Powerpoint question?

ThatAngryGnome
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Okay, so since I can't check at this very moment, this will preserve the font no matter what computer (regardless whether or not the font is installed on it) runs it, right?

I believe so, yes. I'd check for you but don't have another system with PowerPoint other than mine. 

EDIT: Just removed the custom font and then re-opened the PP; seems it will only be a read-only if you want to use the font... 

I know this may not be the most appropriate place to ask this question but I don't know where else to ask:  

I'm working on a powerpoint and installed a custom font on my computer. However, if I was to run the powerpoint off of another computer via USB (aka when I present it), I will lose that font. Is there any way I can "save" the text that I have (even as a static picture?) I can save the powerpoint as pictures, but there are a lot of crucial animations I'm using to make the presentation better. Can anyone help?

1) From the File menu, choose Save As.

2) Click the Tools button's drop-down list and choose Save Options.

3) In the resulting dialog box, select Embed TrueType Fonts (at the bottom).

4) Select one of the suboptions. If you'll want to edit the presentation on other systems, choose Embed All Characters, although it will increase the file's size.

5) Click OK.

6) Click Save.

1) From the File menu, choose Save As.
2) Click the Tools button's drop-down list and choose Save Options.
3) In the resulting dialog box, select Embed TrueType Fonts (at the bottom).
4) Select one of the suboptions. If you'll want to edit the presentation on other systems, choose Embed All Characters, although it will increase the file's size.
5) Click OK.
6) Click Save.

Okay, so since I can't check at this very moment, this will preserve the font no matter what computer (regardless whether or not the font is installed on it) runs it, right?

I believe so, yes. I'd check for you but don't have another system with PowerPoint other than mine. 

EDIT: Just removed the custom font and then re-opened the PP; seems it will only be a read-only if you want to use the font... 

Thanks so much for the help, thats exactly what I was looking for! :)