are XFX PSUs good?

SWAGGA

So i just wondered how good XFX psus are, cuz my Corsair CX600 fan already rattled after one day of using and after 2 weeks it died  completely, then my dad just bought me Silverstone 750watt one, which is very good and also expensive, but spending 120€ on a lighter gaming machine for example wouldnt realy make sense, so if it ever happens that i would another pc, is the 

XFX P1-550S-XXB9 Core Edition Full Wired PC-Netzteil (550 Watt, ATX) any good? It has accdording to the amazon.de product specs 1x6+2 pcie and 1x6pin pcie connector which is decent.

PS: I read on forums that many people seemed to have problems with Corsair PSUs especialyl the CX-/VS-series ones!

http://www.amazon.de/XFX-P1-550S-XXB9-Edition-Wired-PC-Netzteil/dp/B004RJ8EKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429626740&sr=8-1&keywords=xfx+550

They are made seasonic(best PSU making company) so they are in the upper tier of PSUs. Go for it!

I wouldn't necessarily say seasonic are the best.. And not all xfx units are seasonic anyway but generally yes, they are good units... Be sure to check out reviews for any potential PSU on jonny guru or similar where the test EVERYTHING.. including hot box.

Only way to be sure about a particular unit.. I never go by company reputation.. If I can't find a technical review of at least a model in the line I'll pass for something thats known.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

that corsair just sounds like a bad unit, have you tried asking for an RMA?

I wouldn't necessarily say seasonic are the best.. And not all xfx units are seasonic anyway but generally yes, they are good units... Be sure to check out reviews for any potential PSU on jonny guru or similar where the test EVERYTHING.. including hot box.

Only way to be sure about a particular unit.. I never go by company reputation.. If I can't find a technical review of at least a model in the line I'll pass for something thats known.

All XFX are Seasonic made.

So i just wondered how good XFX psus are, cuz my Corsair CX600 fan already rattled after one day of using and after 2 weeks it died  completely, then my dad just bought me Silverstone 750watt one, which is very good and also expensive, but spending 120€ on a lighter gaming machine for example wouldnt realy make sense, so if it ever happens that i would another pc, is the 

XFX P1-550S-XXB9 Core Edition Full Wired PC-Netzteil (550 Watt, ATX) any good? It has accdording to the amazon.de product specs 1x6+2 pcie and 1x6pin pcie connector which is decent.

PS: I read on forums that many people seemed to have problems with Corsair PSUs especialyl the CX-/VS-series ones!

http://www.amazon.de/XFX-P1-550S-XXB9-Edition-Wired-PC-Netzteil/dp/B004RJ8EKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429626740&sr=8-1&keywords=xfx+550

The XFX is a decent unit. This SuperFlower is better for a few more Euro's.

https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Netzteile/Super-Flower/Super-Flower-Golden-Green-HX-80-Plus-Gold-Netzteil-550-Watt::25298.html?mli=1&tduid=4f6f05ecf0706fb9ecabed49000abd25

All XFX are Seasonic made.

I thought it was just the xfx xxx and a few others.. Thought the old silver and some bronze were from other vendors?

I stand corrected if they are all Seasonic.. and seasonic do make some spankingly good units but sometimes there are better units for less cash... EVGA G2's (especially at launch, they were very cheap) are a superb unit.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

that corsair just sounds like a bad unit, have you tried asking for an RMA?

my refuses to RMA it cuz she says its too much effort and not worth it for a 65€ PSU.....

I thought it was just the xfx xxx and a few others.. Thought the old silver and some bronze were from other vendors?

Here's the list of XFX units and the Seasonic platform it based off of.

Core Edition / ProSeries and TS (non-modular, bronze units)

450-550w : S12II-Bronze / GB (Group-regulation)

650-850w : SS-***AT (DC-DC regulation)

XXX Edition (semi-modular, bronze)

650-850w : SS-***AM (semi-modular version of the AT)

XXX Edition (semi-modular silver)

750-850w : M12D

ProSeries Black Edition (fully modular, gold units)

750-850w : KM3

1050-1250 : X 1050 / 1250 XM

TS (non modular, Gold)

550-850w : S12G

XTR

550-750 : G

850w : KM3

1050w : X 1050XM

XTS

460-520w : FL2

1000w: XP2

They are made seasonic(best PSU making company) so they are in the upper tier of PSUs. Go for it!

Seasonic is not best, but are great

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I stand corrected if they are all Seasonic.. and seasonic do make some spankingly good units but sometimes there are better units for less cash... EVGA G2's (especially at launch, they were very cheap) are a superb unit.

As lee said all XFX PSUs are Seasonic :) 

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W