Intel i7 vs Xeon vs i5

Well... Whatcha think?

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HdNT99

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is my pc plan ATM

The PC would be for gaming and some video editing, recording, uploading to utube and streaming

I would also like some advice on wether I should over-clock my CPU or not. In your comment could you pease tell me why you think what you think.

Thx

you dont need a sound card

you dont need a LAN Card

you only need the CoolerMaster 212 Evo

and pick a better PSU tier from EVGA like G2 series

i7 if you are sticking to Z97

otherwise Xeon and H97 if you dont OC and you only use one GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Looks good. You migjt want a larger power supply, though. If you don't plan on overclocking, your 500w will be fine. If you're going to overclock the cpu and gpu, you probably want to start in the 650w range.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.6ghz, Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61(Push/Pull), MOBO: EVGA Z97 FTW, OS: Windows 10, RAM: 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR3 2400, Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb + 500gb SSD, WD Black 1tb HDD, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G1, Case: NZXT Phantom 530, GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 980 CLASSIFIED, Monitor: Seiki 39 inch, 1080p @ 120hz, 4k @ 30hz

Looks good. You migjt want a larger power supply, though. If you don't plan on overclocking, your 500w will be fine. If you're going to overclock the cpu and gpu, you probably want to start in the 650w range.

I don't think I will over-clock the GPU but I am starting to think I will over-clock the CPU. Do I still need a bigger power supply? Thx

I don't think I will over-clock the GPU but I am starting to think I will over-clock the CPU. Do I still need a bigger power supply? Thx

600W will be plenty for your setup

unless you are going for SLi later then you need 750-850 watts

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The build is pretty good one and considering about power 600w will be good enough i think.

Soundcard is not needed and since u are not an audiophile u are not gonna notice much of a difference anyway.

Why would u need additional network card lol the mobo has all the ports u gonna need.

Everything else is fine, u can overclock decently with that water cooling solution and maintain pretty low temperatures.

Make sure the over clock is absolutely stable, streaming and gaming will put stress on your PC.

Have fun gaming and streaming ;)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

yes that is a good PSU