Should GTA V still be downloading slow?

lbrwnie

Hi guys!

Was just wondering about the download speed of GTA V. Mine seems to be limited to 5mbps max but my internet can go upwards of 150mbps. It never seems to go above 5mbps and I'm wondering if it is rockstar's servers or something to do with my computer. Downloading using social club not steam. 

Thanks

PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/lbrwnie/saved/4iSW

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Phone: Moto X Play 16GB White

Hi guys!

Was just wondering about the download speed of GTA V. Mine seems to be limited to 5mbps max but my internet can go upwards of 150mbps. It never seems to go above 5mbps and I'm wondering if it is rockstar's servers or something to do with my computer. Downloading using social club not steam. 

Thanks

Same was for me, 1.5 gbps connection. But, maybe it was faster - idk, just left pc downloading it for the night.

Maybe they're just limiting speeds to prevent traffic overloads.

Rockstar just has shit download servers...

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Hi guys!

Thanks

wasn't GTA banned in Australia?  :huh:

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

For the Socialclub version YES, the servers are still overloaded.

5MBps or 5Mbps?  Huge difference.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

5MBps or 5Mbps?  Huge difference.

I'd assume OP means 5MB/s since that would make more sense, that's only 1/3rd of his max download, but if he is getting 5Mb/s, then that is 625KB/s, which is like 1/28th of his max speed.

R* could also be limiting the download so their servers don't get overloaded like at launch OR their servers are still overloaded, I'd think the former though.

If it is lower case I meant it

If you put it that way, you meant 150 milibits? Lel.  Don't have to be a smartass when people are trying to help you.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Mine was capped at exactly 11.33 mb/s. 

Bit of a peculiar number and certainly not the max my internet can handle. Perhaps they limit bandwidth. 

If you put it that way, you meant 150 milibits? Lel.  Don't have to be a smartass when people are trying to help you.

I doubt he was trying to be a smartass, if anything he just doesn't realize it how many people mistake 5Mbps when it's 5MB/s also that mistake with small "m" xD... lol idk.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Mine was capped at exactly 11.33 mb/s. 

Bit of a peculiar number and certainly not the max my internet can handle. Perhaps they limit bandwidth. 

Interestingly enough if you mean 11.33MB/s then that would mean 90.64Mbps which could mean they limit it to 100Mbps and you are probably closer to one of their servers :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Interestingly enough if you mean 11.33MB/s then that would mean 90.64Mbps which could mean they limit it to 100Mbps and you are probably closer to one of their servers :)

That sounds plausible. Mind you this was at 1 hour before launch. 

That sounds plausible. Mind you this was at 1 hour before launch. 

Aaah, then they 100% had less traffic xD But cool, I like steam for this reason, 20+MB/s no matter the time... well unless steam servers are down xD...

Aaah, then they 100% had less traffic xD But cool, I like steam for this reason, 20+MB/s no matter the time... well unless steam servers are down xD...

I never get those speeds in steam. Whilst even torrents chug about at a steady 50/60+ MB/s

I never get those speeds in steam. Whilst even torrents chug about at a steady 50/60+ MB/s

I still need an SSD to my 1Gbps network xD, but yeah steam did go like 31 for me :)

I doubt he was trying to be a smartass, if anything he just doesn't realize it how many people mistake 5Mbps when it's 5MB/s also that mistake with small "m" xD... lol idk.

I'd assume OP means 5MB/s since that would make more sense, that's only 1/3rd of his max download, but if he is getting 5Mb/s, then that is 625KB/s, which is like 1/28th of his max speed.

R* could also be limiting the download so their servers don't get overloaded like at launch OR their servers are still overloaded, I'd think the former though.

I meant 5Mbit/s sorry, I always assumed that internet speeds are quoted at Mbits. Anyways yeah that is happening, I would assume that the speed is being limited by R* or my uni (I live on campus). Was more concerned that my computer was throttling it for some reason.

PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/lbrwnie/saved/4iSW

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Phone: Moto X Play 16GB White