Sleeving PSU cables.

shert73
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I just want to pull both connectors ( ech end) put sleeving on than put it all back togeather. Do you know what size sleeving to buy? 16 AWG is like 1.2/1.3 mm would 4mm od sleeving be to big?

Go with 18AWG wire 99% of the wires are that size as for the sleeving size 4mm is what you want to use since the sleeving can be stretched a little to fit the wire size. Removing one wire sleeving and replacing it before going to the next is a good way of going but it's always recommended to do a pinout diagram so you have the pattern you desire on both the mobo and PSU end. As I mention earlier there will be one or two on the EVGA G2 where there are capacitors that you will need to sleeve over, which I recommend extending the wires and sleeving to hide it behind the motherboard tray.

2014-09-06205309Copy.jpg

I want to sleeve the cabels that came with my psu (EVGA 850W G2). I've looked everywhere for the gauge of wire they use, but cannot find that information. Can anyone help me figure out what size sleeving I need to buy. Thanks.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

This might help not sure though.. Hope it does: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

'Level: Master' You don't get master level cable managing till you take it to the next step and lace some custom cable ties. 

I know how to do it, just don't know what size sleeving to buy. Was thinking of getting 50ft of http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-super-tight-weave-sleeving-1-8-green.html its 1/8" (4mm).

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

'Level: Master' You don't get master level cable managing till you take it to the next step and lace some custom cable ties. 

Eh oh well :P I was thinking of just going off of this video myself, but then again I don't plan things and shit tends to hit the fan.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

I want to sleeve the cabels that came with my psu (EVGA 850W G2). I've looked everywhere for the gauge of wire they use, but cannot find that information. Can anyone help me figure out what size sleeving I need to buy. Thanks.

The EVGA PSU use 18AWG wires, there may be one or two 16AWG wires though. Do note those PSU's have capacitors on them which are not recommended to be removed since it ruin's the PSU's amazing low ripple. Most people extended the wires with the capacitors on them and hide them behind the mobo tray.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1494167/tutorial-sleeving-evga-supernova-1300-g2-with-capacitors-and-stealth-lacing

I know how to do it, just don't know what size sleeving to buy. Was thinking of getting 50ft of http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-super-tight-weave-sleeving-1-8-green.html its 1/8" or 4mm.

Oh, well oops.. Sorry.

Current PC: 

The EVGA PSU use 18AWG wires, there may be one or two 16AWG wires though. Do note those PSU's have capacitors on them which are not recommended to be removed since it ruin's the PSU's amazing low ripple. Most people extended the wires with the capacitors on them and hide them behind the mobo tray.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1494167/tutorial-sleeving-evga-supernova-1300-g2-with-capacitors-and-stealth-lacing

So if I remove the plastic connectors, sleeve the cable than put it back togeather I will ruin the ripple?

So if I remove the plastic connectors, sleeve the cable than put it back togeather I will ruin the ripple?

The plastic connectors like the 24 pin no removing and sleeving and putting it back together won't ruin anything, it's that black cylinder which is the capacitor, others have cut them off and removed them running the PSU with no problems but it's kind of cutting yourself short a bit.

The plastic connectors like the 24 pin no removing and sleeving and putting it back together won't ruin anything, it's that black cylinder which is the capacitor, others have cut them off and removed them running the PSU with no problems but it's kind of cutting yourself short a bit.

I just want to pull both connectors ( ech end) put sleeving on than put it all back togeather. Do you know what size sleeving to buy? 16 AWG is like 1.2/1.3 mm would 4mm od sleeving be to big?

Go with 18AWG wire 99% of the wires are that size as for the sleeving size 4mm is what you want to use since the sleeving can be stretched a little to fit the wire size. Removing one wire sleeving and replacing it before going to the next is a good way of going but it's always recommended to do a pinout diagram so you have the pattern you desire on both the mobo and PSU end. As I mention earlier there will be one or two on the EVGA G2 where there are capacitors that you will need to sleeve over, which I recommend extending the wires and sleeving to hide it behind the motherboard tray.

2014-09-06205309Copy.jpg

2014-09-06205309Copy.jpg

Ahhh I see I see. Thanks so much for the help.