Bad weather = no work in Australia

TheIcedCanadian

So currently here is Sydney we are having some, well - best way/the only way to put it is shit.

Anyways, the wind is crazy and it is pouring rain - bad weather - but we are told that the best way to deal with this is to go home early... If the economical impact of getting to work late wasn't bad enough already

http://m.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-weather-mike-baird-calls-on-workers-to-head-home-asap-before-storm-gets-worse-20150421-1mpv4y.html

So currently here is Sydney we are having some, well - best way/the only way to put it is shit.

Anyways, the wind is crazy and it is pouring rain - bad weather - but we are told that the best way to deal with this is to go home early... If the economical impact of getting to work late wasn't bad enough already

http://m.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-weather-mike-baird-calls-on-workers-to-head-home-asap-before-storm-gets-worse-20150421-1mpv4y.html

haha wow nice, it was like 12 degrees C all weekend for me and I was happy. Glad my turn for shitty weather has passed

This storm is epic, i got soaked walking home from school.

Hahaha - same - though luckily train station is nearby - busses are just going mad - about 300 people trying to get onto one bus at Wynyard :D

Meanwhile in Queensland it's 24-28 degrees everyday with occasional showers. Woop! 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Meanwhile in Queensland it's 24-28 degrees everyday with occasional showers. Woop! 

it got down to 20 here ..... had to put on a jumper :P

Its all about those volumetric clouds

it got down to 20 here ..... had to put on a jumper :P

It was cold this morning. But I like the cold anyway. A JUMPER?? I haven't put one of those in for ages!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

It was cold this morning. But I like the cold anyway. A JUMPER?? I haven't put one of those in for ages!

yeah 20 is just abit too  cold for my liking

Its all about those volumetric clouds

LOL up here in North Queensland, there was a cyclone so my school got called off. Around 9:14 (when our classes start) they said school was back on and god did parents get pissed off because most parents stayed home from work to take care of the younger kids and now school was back on but they already called their work to say they couldn't go....

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

yeah 20 is just abit too  cold for my liking

:P I have eczema so regardless of the temperature my arms will still be warm. Luckily now they're starting to get better.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Meanwhile in Queensland the water is evaporating the second we turn the tap on.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Only time when work/school has been cancelled on me was when there was flooding due to an east coast low, and that was 10 years ago now, wow... You Sydney folk seem to get off easy when it rains :P

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

:P I have eczema so regardless of the temperature my arms will still be warm. Luckily now they're starting to get better.

Wait... You can do that with eczema? How do I do that?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Brisbane is enjoying the cold, but clear weather.

Indeed it is my fellow Brisbane resident. I don't live in Brisbane, about 1 and a half hours to the south east. Ever heard of Noosa? That's where I live.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

LOL up here in North Queensland, there was a cyclone so my school got called off. Around 9:14 (when our classes start) they said school was back on and god did parents get pissed off because most parents stayed home from work to take care of the younger kids and now school was back on but they already called their work to say they couldn't go....

>In year 1

>A tsunami happens on some islands in the pacific ocean

>School gets called off because the principal is borderline retarded

>Doesn't realise that the tsunami won't even reach Australia

Most Australian schools in a nutshell

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

The damage - it took me 2 hours and 10 mins to get home from school - a journey that usually takes 45 mins.

The bus lines were 10x as long as normal

Busses were so ful that no one could be picked up

People were standing in front of busses for them to stop and pick them up

My bus (as many others) broke down (mine got its mirror cliped by a van and the van didn't stop - bus driver couldn't drive without mirror).

Wind was putting trees down all over the place - especially main roads.

People in Australia when it's raining drive like its a massive snow storm - that and our premier telling everyone to go home isn't a good combination...

Houses all around the outskirts in some places have been evacuated and a house is already destroyed

This is also only the 2nd day of this and it is expected to continue all week - at least hopefully for ANZAC day it

is better

And right now, I think a shower could only make me drier :P

This Photo was taken about 12pm today out the front of my house, the water in my backyard was ankle deep and about another 10cm higher it would of come in my house, apparently it's suppose to hit again in like an hour. 3 people have died about 15min away from me.

post-1006-0-17736600-1429622197_thumb.jp 

This is the highway that is just up the road from me (i didn't take this photo)

post-1006-0-13750800-1429622290.png 

And this is a street only 3 or 4 streets away from me that i actually lived at like 3 months ago. (also didn't take this one)

post-1006-0-18221400-1429622425_thumb.jp

So, every day in the UK? :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

lol you call that bad weather?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!