ASUS Zenfone 2 to release on April 23

CoolaxGaming

zenfone-4gb.jpg

AsusTek Computer Inc. has released the sucessor to its Zenfone, the Zenfone 2.

While we had some of the pictures and specs of the phone at January 6, Asus had not told us what the exact date would be. 

Well, now we know, it is April 23. Asus listed its new phone on Flipkart. Flipkart is kind of like the Amazon of India.

The actual listing -

http://www.flipkart.com/asus/zenfone-2

NDTV writes - 

Asus ZenFone 2, which is set to launch in India at the company's event on Thursday, has already been listed by Flipkart.
The Flipkart listing of the Asus ZenFone 2 is somewhat a teaser to the smartphone launch, as it features a countdown to the India launch. The listing also confirms that the new ZenFone 2 series will be available to buy from the e-commerce website, much like other Asus products. However, we will have to still wait for the Thursday launch to know whether Flipkart will be the exclusive partner for ZenFone 2 phones in India.

Some specs on the phone -

ASUS today unveiled ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML), the flagship smartphone in the new-generation ZenFone family. With a gorgeous all-new ergonomic design, a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display, 13MP/5MP PixelMaster cameras, a 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom processor with 4GB RAM and 4G/LTE connectivity, ZenFone 2 delivers powerful all-round performance.

Source -

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/asus-zenfone-2-listed-by-flipkart-ahead-of-thursday-launch-683357

http://www.flipkart.com/asus/zenfone-2

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I'll ship it, but then again the S6 is amazing too... *covers iPhone 4 ears* it's time for an upgrade for me. Had the iPhone 4 since day one.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

so this is for india not usa?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

so this is for india not usa?

No, its Asus, OF COURSE it will launch in the USA. I think they just wanted to announce the date by putting it up on India early. But it will come here on 23 April

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I would to port Windows 10 to this, so then it could theoretically run full Windows, with x86 Windows Desktop Applications (See: Surface Phone Concept)

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

No, its Asus, OF COURSE it will launch in the USA. I think they just wanted to announce the date by putting it up on India early. But it will come here on 23 April

where does it say it comes out in the states on the 23rd, I have yet to find a place that officially states it. I want to get this, thats why I am asking.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

It's a great phone, but the capacitive buttons and weird volume button make it too out of the normal. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I would to port Windows 10 to this, so then it could theoretically run full Windows, with x86 Windows Desktop Applications (See: Surface Phone Concept)

I don't think you can because the Atom processors (to my recent knowledge) don't support SSE 4 which is a Windows 10 prerequisite.

Edit: I was wrong. Post-Moorefield they do.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I don't think you can because the Atom processors (to my recent knowledge) don't support SSE 4 which is a Windows 10 prerequisite.

Moorefield has SSE4 support so you could although who in the right mind would want full blown Windows on a 5.5" display. You'll never get your fingers to hit the right shit.

Especially with the fact that it runs a FHD display everything is going to be super tiny.

Moorefield has SSE4 support so you could although who in the right mind would want full blown Windows on a 5.5" display. You'll never get your fingers to hit the right shit.

Especially with the fact that it runs a FHD display everything is going to be super tiny.

1080p has been standard for a while. It won't be so tiny. Besides, I just want competition for Samsung and Apple, and HTC isn't providing it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1080p has been standard for a while. It won't be so tiny. Besides, I just want competition for Samsung and Apple, and HTC isn't providing it.

Have you tried out a seven or eight inch Windows 8.1 tablet at 1280x800 resolution? It hard enough as it is to hit things with such a low resolution on a larger display. Try doing that on a 5.5" screen at 1920x1080. You'll need a stylus just to use the thing.

Have you tried out a seven or eight inch Windows 8.1 tablet at 1280x800 resolution? It hard enough as it is to hit things with such a low resolution on a larger display. Try doing that on a 5.5" screen at 1920x1080. You'll need a stylus just to use the thing.

Funny, because the apple watch gets away with a full keyboard and I rarely have problems getting the right keys. It's all in the sensors and feedback algorithm.

Funny, because the apple watch gets away with a full keyboard and I rarely have problems getting the right keys. It's all in the sensors and feedback algorithm.

You must have baby like fingers then. Here's the Stream 7 @ 1280x800 and look at how tiny it is on a 7" display at HD resolution.

b6Ax4VU.png

At 1920x1080 on a 5.5" display everything's going to be about half the size of your pinky fingernail.

please do help on this. =)

i posted a help thread on running full windows on phone with intel processors  :D

seems not as simple as rooting the phone.haha

price?

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

You must have baby like fingers then. Here's the Stream 7 @ 1280x800 and look at how tiny it is on a 7" display at HD resolution.

At 1920x1080 on a 5.5" display everything's going to be about half the size of your pinky fingernail.

Use the large icon option. Or, stop being a twit by installing a desktop/tablet OS to a phone (not aimed at you specifically).

Also, the keyboard for the iWatch is working for everyone pretty much without a hitch.

Use the large icon option. Or, stop being a twit by installing a desktop/tablet OS to a phone (not aimed at you specifically).

Also, the keyboard for the iWatch is working for everyone pretty much without a hitch.

What I am talking about as he did say "full Windows" which would next to impossible to use fluently on such a tiny screen at such a high resolution.

The 23rd is just for India, not the USA as well.

It's already been released in a few other countries.

price?

You can get it from Expansys for $369 CAD. Which, realistically, is what it's going to cost anyway. $299 US.

Months end will show the true US pricing, but I imagine it'll be $299. If it's as low as $249 I'd be impressed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I really want this phone. Looks great for what I need since I'm on a budget and don't want to deal with a trac phone :/

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Although this phone is a dual sim phone, I found many didn't notice that only one of the 2 sim cards in this phone support 3G/4G signals and internet access. The sim card slot 2 only support 2G signal, and can only be used to make phone call, while the sim card slot 1 support 4G and 3G singals, and can both be used for phone calls and internet access.....

The 23rd is just for India, not the USA as well.

It's already been released in a few other countries.

You can get it from Expansys for $369 CAD. Which, realistically, is what it's going to cost anyway. $299 US.

Months end will show the true US pricing, but I imagine it'll be $299. If it's as low as $249 I'd be impressed.

Yeah. Itll be like a Nexus 5 replacement

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I really want this phone. Looks great for what I need since I'm on a budget and don't want to deal with a trac phone :/

If you need a good cheap phone look no further than one plus.

- snip-

Does anyone else else think this looks like an ugly g3?

- snip-

Yeah. Itll be like a Nexus 5 replacement

Quite literally for me. I cracked my screen on the beach last week. :(

If you need a good cheap phone look no further than one plus.

Except it isn't really *that* cheap.

The Zenfone2 is cheaper, and offers more. More RAM, microSD expansion, 2 SIM slots.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red