Aftermarket Cooling

VettleBolt
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Low to mid 30's

As long as your cpu load doesn't get much higher than when playing GTA V, your temps should be fine with the stock cooler.

I'm looking into buying a aftermarket cooler and was wondering what i should get

I've got a new i7 4790 on a Asus B85 Pro Gamer the i bought this week, My case is a Cooler Master Elite 355U, I am looking at the Hyper 212 Evo From Cooler Master,

Should i go Air or Liquid cooling?   Please take in mind i don't overclock

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

I'm looking into buying a aftermarket cooler and was wondering what i should get

I've got a new i7 4790 on a Asus B85 Pro Gamer the i bought this week, My case is a Cooler Master Elite 355U, I am looking at the Hyper 212 Evo From Cooler Master,

Should i go Air or Liquid cooling?   Please take in mind i don't overclock

no overclock-hyper 212. It will keep it cool and quiet. no reason to go any further unless you overclock.

that being said, Im going watercooling because it will cost me 15, and I hope to expand it to be passive/near passive

What's the reason for getting an aftermarket cooler? Are you not satisfied with your current temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would go with air cooling, since you won't be overclocking, and the air cooling solution has less points of failure.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

What's the reason for getting an aftermarket cooler? Are you not satisfied with your current temps?

I'm Happy with my current temps, but in summer it can get very Hot, and i also just want to keep temps as low as possible

-Microsoft 2015

I'm Happy with my current temps, but in summer it can get very Hot, and i also just want to keep temps as low as possible

What are your load temps and how much hotter does it get in the summer?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What are your load temps and how much hotter does it get in the summer?

High 40's to low 50's degrees celsius in the summer time ( not talking about CPU Temps )

If you ment CPU Temps, i would not know since is almost winter here ( Australia) an di only got the i7 the other day

I'm currently geting about 45-55c at about 60-70% Load ( GTA V )

-Microsoft 2015

how much hotter does it get in the summer?

If you ment CPU Temps, i would not know since is almost winter here ( Australia) an di only got the i7 the other day

When i Had my AMD A10 6800K the temp difference from summer to winter was about 15-20 Degrees (Bioshock Infinite at Ultra 1080p)

-Microsoft 2015

High 40's to low 50's degrees celsius in the summer time ( not talking about CPU Temps )

I'm currently geting about 45-55c at about 60-70% Load ( GTA V )

What are current ambient temps?

What are current ambient temps?

Low to mid 30's

-Microsoft 2015

Low to mid 30's

As long as your cpu load doesn't get much higher than when playing GTA V, your temps should be fine with the stock cooler.

Alright Thanks

-Microsoft 2015