Latest Apple Watch estimates: 3M sales, $2B revenue, Apple’s most profitable product ever

I don't see any good reason to invest in this watch. TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!

Wow. I haven't seen a single person with an apple watch yet though xD

Millions of people buying it = I'm not buying it. I bought my watch because I know no one else owns one like it, or well at least not many do. I like my watches to be unique. Love my tissot <3

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Wow... people are stupider than I thought... I didn't know that was possible...

Aside from brand fanboyism, I don't see much of a reason anyone would want that load of shit..

I think I'd rather go with something like the LG G Watch R.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Why are people so worried about what the fuck other people are buying?

I give advice out all of the time. I tell people to not use specific services or devices because of my opinions and some facts here and there. However, I am not a dick about it and I don't go as far as calling it a cult practice to make purchases from one company with a good ecosystem. That would be asinine and outright retarded, to put it bluntly. For someone like @zappian to have such advanced knowledge on PC hardware, you sure don't know how to use Google to find out what a fucking cult is.

Apple is a company; Apple has customers.

Apple isn't a church; Apple doesn't have worshipers.

I guess you missed the point of his video in him being intentionally angry and smashing it for views? Are you "I'll just leave it here" as if its actually painting the product in a bad way? I don't get this guy? Drop anything head on, what do you expect? Easy to cherry pick. 

Most electronics fail properly in drop tests, the Sport is not going to be the exception to that rule. Maybe the Watch and Watch Edition with their sapphire will fair better. 

I apologize. That's not entirely what I meant, although I did have that slight opinion.

But either way, I take that comment back. Thanks, Victorious Secret. You're a cool guy.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I can't speak for other people, but the reason it annoys me is the following:

When a product or service becomes popular it enough, it becomes the 'norm'. The internal combustion engine for example - steam engines in cars were still used right up until about 1920. Some steam engines were better than the ICE, some were worse. But so many people were buying internal combustion engine cars that they became the 'norm' and thus became what the entire world has used ever since. Notice how many steam-engined cars there are around today? none. popularity of their competitor killed it off.

Take the iPod. It had its upsides and downsides, but due to popularity it became the 'norm'. I much preferred my iRiver - could play movies, i could upload photos from my digital camera directly to it which was AWESOME while travelling AND it played music files. But most people liked the iPod better. As a result, every single car audio head unit now supports "full-speed" iPod controls and not a single one supports any other "MP3" players. iPods are now the only "MP3" players supported by factory-equipped car stereos.

And this is the nature of my frustration - purely because an item is the most popular in its market, it becomes the "go-to" item for anyone seeking a product in that market. 

Of course, this is generally a good thing - removing doubt, ensuring a good quality product for the ignorant or inexperienced consumer who chooses to go with the "default" product. But it means that the competing products - which may actually be significantly better - are discarded instantly by the majority of people just because it is seen as "thinking outside the box" or "abnormal" etc. they think to themselves "why bother trying to discover it something else is better when I know the popular choice is a good one?"

I have no idea if the apple watch thing is any good or not. But I now know that it is quickly, like the iPhone is to the smartphone market, going to be considered the "default" choice for smartwatches. Most people who go out to buy a smartwatch will now go out with the pre-planned purchase of an apple watch, and very few will deviate. I remember when ski lifts could program your ticket into swatch watches. Will this mean that they will only support apple watches if they decide to do this? Will the relevant supporting markets for smart watches ONLY consider apple watches from now on?

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I give advice out all of the time. I tell people to not use specific services or devices because of my opinions and some facts here and there. However, I am not a dick about it and I don't go as far as calling it a cult practice to make purchases from one company with a good ecosystem. That would be asinine and outright retarded, to put it bluntly. For someone like @zappian to have such advanced knowledge on PC hardware, you sure don't know how to use Google to find out what a fucking cult is.

Apple is a company; Apple has customers.

Apple isn't a church; Apple doesn't have worshipers.

Apple and its products , and its consumers make no sense to me.

You have a complementary device to and iphone that has a bloody ludicrous price , and that price is the entry price they have the more expensive versions.

You can get cheaper smart watches that deliver much more features and you don't need an iphone to tether with.

And still people go to droves to buy it.

Apple products in general are overpriced , look at the new macbook pro , yeah its ulta thin and small but you are paying 1300 dollars for a laptop with a dual core and a single

USB type C port. Is the premium worth it for the form factor?

I don´t get apple products at all , they are underwhelming for what they offer and for the price they ask .

But like i said I mainly look for price/ performance so its a bit of personal incredulity being at play here I will admit.

But yeah I dont get it at all.

-snip-

There's merit to that, and I agree.

I should have been more specific and I generally speak as if everything I'm talking about in a thread is directed at the subject for the most part, but I digress.

It's happened plenty of times before when I was in high school, not to me personally, but I've seen it when some people chose an Android phone over an iPhone. Granted, Android was probably shitty-ish (not sure, I wasn't too into tech like I am now) when I was still in high school, but the Android users were being demonized (might be a strong word for a generalization) by the iPhone users and vice versa to some extent.

What I don't see eye to eye on most people who outright dismiss Apple's success with the watch here is that they dismiss it because it's just Apple. They've always had their stupid large customer base for reasons that escape me and go over my head even when it's sometimes logical, so them selling this many watches shouldn't be a surprise. I've said this before to some friends years ago even when I wasn't into tech: if Apple sold a brick that literally did nothing but had a lit-up Apple logo when plugged in (or it could today have a battery and be charged via Thunderbolt, because why not), they'd sell more than something that Asus would struggle to market and sell. So again, something like a smart watch from Apple selling as well as it is shouldn't come as a surprise.

As for the bit about how good the watch is, we'll find out. But as we know, there are still hardcore and even casual Android users who will dismiss Apple no matter what, even if their phone is good. iPhone 6+ for example: I've used it as an Android user and it got me thinking about making it my next phone (between the OnePlus phone or whatever else is out at the time) because of the battery life, the screen size and camera. I think the phone could be objectively labeled as a good phone. I'd personally use a iPhone 6+ over the Galaxy S6 simply because I hate the design of Samsung phones and their Android skins.

snip

oh walls of text how I hate thee.

One thing I want to say,  the ICE became the standard and steam died out because steam is slow, inefficient, requires hard work to operate and is dirty. the ICE on the other hand is not hot, requires no physical labor to operate and no where near as dirty.    The steam engine died because the ICE is better in every way, not because it was more popular.

Products become the defacto goto product as a side effect of success (google, windows, iphone, the pentium label in its day).  Sometimes there is fine line between monopolies being little more that and monopolies having a negative effect (intentional or not) on the market.   As I said before, shit products don't become the go to product, no matter how good the marketing is on a product if it is genuinely shit it will never become the dominant product.  Hell even products that are really good can struggle to maintain or become dominant.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@zappian now you're just full of it.

The only thing that the Watch lacks is GPS, it has EVERYTHING ELSE. Wifi, BT, the most accurate HRM of any smart watch so far, will have its own dedicated apps and since it can use WiFi doesn't need to be tethered to a phone in the same room.

Tell me, what features is it missing? Last I checked, it's packing exceptionally competitive equipment into a chassis that is better built and less bulky and it's doing it with a smaller battery that, is user reports can be believed, is exceeding the 19 hour usage rating of the device already.

Oh, you don't need a android phone to tether your Wear watches? Do you think either side is switching phones just for a watch? Hell no. Android users will have their own, Apple will have those + the Watch (since Google is working on bringing Android Wear to iOS). Who in their right mind is going to switch entire ecosystems just for a watch? Fairly unlikely.

The expensive versions are for rich people. Not for poor people like you. Get over it. This is how luxury goods work. Their is the entry level that is deliberately cheap. There are expensive versions for those who can afford it. Don't act Iike Apple is unique, EVERYONE would try this if they could pull it off.

People like you make no sense to me. At least when people like @euniqe make their case, I respect their arguments because they actually have valid arguments that aren't rooted in childish outbursts. You have nothing. You keep up the same tired old shit in every thread, people are getting sick of it even if they aren't confronting you. FFS, you're enough of a child that your blog is "mainly Apple bashing" and you expect to be taken seriously at the discussion table?

Grow up and take your price to performance shield of excuses elsewhere.

The Apple watch remains the only smart watch I have ever seen a televised advertisement for. It is the only smart watch I have ever seen actually be marketed, and not relied entirely on a very niche group of journalists talking to people who already have an interest in esoteric products like this. It is the only product in this area that has even bothered to list or demo its features or try to justify at all why this is a product that should even exist.

And people are amazed that this is the one people buy. As far as the general populous is concerned, this is the only smart watch in existence. And that's because Apple seems to be only tech company who thinks marketing might be useful.

Edit: To highlight how important this is, for context after seeing the advert my dad wants one. This is a person who apart from his iPod Classic, has never owned an Apple product. I gave him my old iPhone 4 in March this year but until then he had only ever used Android (and WebOS when that was a thing on phones). He knows of the existence of other smart-watches but he's never been able to see the point in them. Never underestimate the importance of actually telling the public that a thing exists before expecting them to buy it.

Price to performance insnt a shield of excuses .

Oh dear.

I love HOW riled up you get when someone says anything bad about apple , its hilarious and it proves my point entirely.

Like I said my main argument is that 350 dollars for a complementary device is absurd .

I would love to hear your opinions on the new macbook pro , do you also think its extremely competitive for the price.

For me it represents the epitome of apple , bogged down in every sense and extremely expensive.

So what about the Pebble Time Steel then? It was $250 on kickstarter -- and no longer available (retail is supposed to be $300) and is much less functional than an Apple watch. So it's just as bad, yet I don't hear many complaining about it.

The new MBP: Because we can. It serves an interesting part of the market -- those that want extreme portability that would normally get a tablet, but now can get something far more useful like a full-fledged laptop. Did they make some mistakes (I think so...they should have added at least one more port), but that's besides the point.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Why has this thread become such a clusterfuck?

The TL;DR is, we all knew Apple was going to sell a ton of these. They are probably well built, but with great profit margins, making Apple a ton of money. Most of us wouldn't buy them, but we wouldn't buy other smartwatches either. The top-tier one isn't for people who can buy an iPhone, they are for people who can buy a Maserati. Apple as a company is fine. They are in it for the money, but so is every other business. Why is that a surprise?

I personally wouldn't buy one, because I'm invested in the Android Ecosystem, but I gave the iOS phones a go. I have Apple products (iPads, iPods, and a MBP), and they are lovely. Let people buy what they want, and lets stop the hate either way... it's absolutely detrimental to the forum (and world).

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

The TL;DR is, we all knew Apple was going to sell a ton of these. They are probably well built, but with great profit margins, making Apple a ton of money. Most of us wouldn't buy them, but we wouldn't buy other smartwatches either. The top-tier one isn't for people who can buy an iPhone, they are for people who can buy a Maserati. Apple as a company is fine. They are in it for the money, but so is every other business. Why is that a surprise?

I personally wouldn't buy one, because I'm invested in the Android Ecosystem, but I gave the iOS phones a go. I have Apple products (iPads, iPods, and a MBP), and they are lovely. Let people buy what they want, and lets stop the hate either way... it's absolutely detrimental to the forum (and world).

Because some people have decided that anyone who buys an Apple product is a sheep, and therefore in order to not be a sheep you must stand up and riot against every move that Apple makes.

/agreed with the rest 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Because some people have decided that anyone who buys an Apple product is a sheep, and therefore in order to not be a sheep you must stand up and riot against every move that Apple makes.

/agreed with the rest 

I have my reservations about Apple, just like a lot of us. That being said, it isn't a cult. It's an ecosystem of applications, features, and users. Android has one, too. Same with Nvidia, Intel, AMD, and every other product with usage.

There are issues with them, particularly their labor practices, but that comes down to FoxConn / Pegatron. All things considered, they aren't really any better or worst than anyone else... simply much more valuable.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Apple watch and infact all apple products are piece's of shit and in the words of feminist frequency are bought by "uptight privileged kids" 

Reason :- 

1. Overpriced
  2. Made by child labor
  3. Everything is locked down and paid.
  4. A cult,i have seen so many people only buying macbooks because its from apple and later ending up buying other overpriced accessories.
  5.  Steve jobs was nothing but a drug dealing hippe and that's a fact deal with it.
  6. The only think apple proves is how rich you are its nothing but a status symbol.There are better products out there that perform better.
  7. Apple Geek bar is nothing but a hipster cult,even kids on tech forums know more than them.

Only because a specific brand has made something dosent mean it has to be always good.For example Boeing makes awesome plane's but they also make nuclear warhead carrying missiles that dosent make the missile's a good thing.

1. some products yes. others no. But you also need to take into account you also get amazing support from Apple (something that's pretty much non-existent with other companies). 

2. Be more sensationalist, I dare you. 

3. What's paid exactly? I've been using a Mac for the past 8 years now, and I've had to buy nothing for it.... I've been using an iPhone for 2 years now...and again...I've had to buy nothing. The same is also true for my Galaxy Note, or the Android phones I had for the 3 years before I got an iPhone. 

4. So people like OSX/iOS therefore buying an Apple product and anything that might benefit it's use is stupid. Okay, that makes sense. 

5. See # 2. 

6. Most people I know have at least one Apple product....so are you telling me the majority of the US is rich? really.... 

7. While the Genius Bar is filled with idiots, they do eventually solve any issues you're having, and are helpful to most people in learning how to do something they needed help with. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why are some of you surprised,the population of the earth is mostly made up of stupid peasants,they buy and consume whatever is "cool" and "popular" brands/clothes/food/cars etc.

Without these peasants apple would be a tiny company or none at all today.

1. Amazing support lol,the way they check your iphone after you rma it lol,they intentionally try to potray you as the culprit.
  2. Looks as if you enjoy seeing little kids working.
  3. Well you did'nt have to buy anything since half of the stuff out there isnt available on the mac lol
  4. You can do the same thing on any other device a custom built pc is always better for editing than a overpriced mac.Also you can game on your editing pc.
  5. Yes he was a hippe and accept the fact ALSO HE was a guy who did'nt accept his fatherhood and ditched the mother of his kids. 
  6. Contracts are the reason they have apple phone's in the us.US isnt the whole world.
  7. Yeah because apple users are so dumb in the first place that they potray the genius bar as "GENIUS

I bet people would buy a Nuke made by apple because its made by "APPLE"

1) What companies don't try to get out of losing money?

2) It's not illegal over there for younger people to work. SOME of their practices are sketchy.

3) You're wrong. Most of the professional applications I use are on mac AND PC.

4) Unless you're a music creator in the beginning stages... I often will recommend a macbook for Ableton live usage. There are other cases as well

5) As opposed to the rest of people, who are just saints? /s

6) There are contracts all over, don't be so narrow minded

7) For gods sake, read my fucking post above. Insulting people isn't the right way to go.

And about the nuke? It'd most likely work better.

Apple products (computers, specifically) aren't for us tinkerers. They are for people who are willing to spend more for a premium product that will (for the most part) work.

Don't slap people in the face for their purchases... it makes you look like an ass.

1. Amazing support lol,the way they check your iphone after you rma it lol,they intentionally try to potray you as the culprit.
  2. Looks as if you enjoy seeing little kids working.
  3. Well you did'nt have to buy anything since half of the stuff out there isnt available on the mac lol
  4. You can do the same thing on any other device a custom built pc is always better for editing than a overpriced mac.Also you can game on your editing pc.
  5. Yes he was a hippe and accept the fact ALSO HE was a guy who did'nt accept his fatherhood and ditched the mother of his kids. 
  6. Contracts are the reason they have apple phone's in the us.US isnt the whole world.
  7. Yeah because apple users are so dumb in the first place that they potray the genius bar as "GENIUS

I bet people would buy a Nuke made by apple because its made by "APPLE"

1. I can tell you've never used an Apple product before. If you had and if you had needed support for whatever reason, then you would know that they're actually quite easy to deal with and don't try to portray you as the culprit. 

2. Whatever you say. 

3. So before I had to buy everything, and now there's nothing to buy...It sounds like you're grasping at this point. Not to mention, I've been using a Mac for 8 years and have only had one or two cases where the thing I needed to do was supported on OSX. 

4. Because people aren't allowed to prefer a specific OS....*cough* Linux *cough*. A custom built PC is also much larger than a Mac. Compare an AIO to an iMac or a pre-built laptop to a macbook. Anything else is completely unfair. My custom rig can easily overpower a Dell PC for less money, therefore Dell netbook, therefore Dell is crap. 

5. Steve Jobs wasn't exactly a great person....how does that change anything...at all (also being a hippy isn't a bad thing).

6. Those people could still easily get Android -- and as someone who's used both, the two are far more similar than they are different. 

7. Another moronic comment. 

Also, I guarantee if ANYONE sold a nuke, many people would buy it... 

@Prat, afaik the US is one of the only countries where it's uncommon to find a non-contract based cell phone service. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

7) For gods sake, read my fucking post above. Insulting people isn't the right way to go.

I agree.

That would be asinine and outright retarded, to put it bluntly. For someone like @zappian to have such advanced knowledge on PC hardware, you sure don't know how to use Google to find out what a fucking cult is.

@zappian now you're just full of it.

You have nothing. You keep up the same tired old shit in every thread, people are getting sick of it even if they aren't confronting you. FFS, you're enough of a child that your blog is "mainly Apple bashing" and you expect to be taken seriously at the discussion table?

Grow up and take your price to performance shield of excuses elsewhere.

Do yourself and the rest of this site a favour; think before you post again and don't get pissed off when people call you out on your shitty attitudes and contrarian crap. The only sheep here would be you, spewing the same flavour of "baaaaaaaaaah" in every thread on this site.

I'd buy a decent watch with a swiss made automatic clockwork

Could still be used by my grandchildren

The Apple watch remains the only smart watch I have ever seen a televised advertisement for. It is the only smart watch I have ever seen actually be marketed, and not relied entirely on a very niche group of journalists talking to people who already have an interest in esoteric products like this. It is the only product in this area that has even bothered to list or demo its features or try to justify at all why this is a product that should even exist.

And people are amazed that this is the one people buy. As far as the general populous is concerned, this is the only smart watch in existence. And that's because Apple seems to be only tech company who thinks marketing might be useful.

Edit: To highlight how important this is, for context after seeing the advert my dad wants one. This is a person who apart from his iPod Classic, has never owned an Apple product. I gave him my old iPhone 4 in March this year but until then he had only ever used Android (and WebOS when that was a thing on phones). He knows of the existence of other smart-watches but he's never been able to see the point in them. Never underestimate the importance of actually telling the public that a thing exists before expecting them to buy it.

This is a big thing. My own dad didn't know Android Wear was a thing till he went into a Telus store to change out his business lines, and saw one on sale. Android Wear has SHIT marketing and shittier market presence. 

People are shocked? FFS, Apple has commercials running during NBA and NHL playoffs. They are getting MILLIONS of viewers by having a 30 second ad. Is it Apples fault that no one else is putting out ads that don't suck balls? That just show the Watch as something that actually exists? 

The rage is amazing. 

This thread went to hell for the same reason any Apple thread does - shitposting. Too much judgement on how people spend their money, not enough minding your own business and leaving people be. A lot of "holier than tho, you're a dumbass for buying this kind of product" mentalities. 

People have serious issues accepting that people will happily buy Apple products. No, these people need to be "peasants, sheep, idiots" or whatever other sad insults the kids on this site need to come up with. Kinda pathetic. 

No, very pathetic. 

I'd buy a decent watch with a swiss made automatic clockwork

Could still be used by my grandchildren

The photo from iFixit illustrated very well why I don't get people saying "people spend thousands of dollars on a traditional watch so getting the Edition edition makes sense".

Usually I think that things like this is nonsense but with a very high quality watch you are buying it for the looks and feels and brand, but it is a very lovely piece of engineering. All the cogs go so well together and it has a "soul". The Apple Watch is very sterile and lifeless, on top of just being a shit watch. In before certain users attack me for saying the watch is shit and then projects harder than the VPL-GTZ1.

post-216-0-71686600-1430067062.jpg

This thread went to hell for the same reason any Apple thread does - shitposting. Too much judgement on how people spend their money, not enough minding your own business and leaving people be. A lot of "holier than tho, you're a dumbass for buying this kind of product" mentalities. 

People have serious issues accepting that people will happily buy Apple products. No, these people need to be "peasants, sheep, idiots" or whatever other sad insults the kids on this site need to come up with. Kinda pathetic. 

No, very pathetic.

You can't blame it all on the opposing side. It takes two to make a quarrel.

The photo from iFixit illustrated very well why I don't get people saying "people spend thousands of dollars on a traditional watch so getting the Edition edition makes sense".

Usually I think that things like this is nonsense but with a very high quality watch you are buying it for the looks and feels and brand, but it is a very lovely piece of engineering. All the cogs go so well together and it has a "soul". The Apple Watch is very sterile and lifeless, on top of just being a shit watch. In before certain users attack me for saying the watch is shit and then projects harder than the VPL-GTZ1.

You can't blame it all on the opposing side. It takes two to make a quarrel.

People spend thousands on a watch because they can afford it. The kind of person that can put down 10-20 thousand for a watch, isn't exactly struggling to make a decision. They don't need to think. They just buy. This is the market we are dealing with. 

And it seems to be working not only for AP, Rolex, Tag and Patek; but Apple as well. Do you really think people spend 20,000 on a Royal Oak because of the intricate craftsmanship or how much heart and soul it has? No, they spend it because it has a name. Because its a good looking piece of "I've made it in life". The Edition sends the same message. 

It does take two to quarrel, yet I'm not the one making the same shitposts in every Apple thread about how consumers are sheep, fanboys, idiots or peasants; nor am I digging up the same tired responses about how Apple is overpriced for everything or too stupid or whatever other flavour of bullshit that the kids have this week. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If I had my way I'd straight up ban people from my threads. Not people like you, or Pras; you guys often make arguments I can agree and respect. No, I'd ban all the other fucking morons who insist on derailing threads like this with their shitposts, even after people have told them to piss off and stop. 

I need to go take a poo and put a apple logo on it. Then sell 10 million copies for 40 bucks a pop.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q