Latest Apple Watch estimates: 3M sales, $2B revenue, Apple’s most profitable product ever

Yeah thanks to china buying out all the gold versions hahaha. Seriously though no matter how "bad" it is the masses will always keep buying things like this no matter what.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Or its actually a genius product that we just haven't gotten to try out yet. Gotta keep an open mind. I thought the iPad was a stupid idea until l actually used one. 

According to one of my former physics teachers, laser technology was initially meat with great skepticism

Or its actually a genius product that we just haven't gotten to try out yet. Gotta keep an open mind. I thought the iPad was a stupid idea until l actually used one. 

The product just doesn't offer much. It feels more like a prototype to a final product.

I'm sure it'll improve greatly but don't feel like I really need one to make my life easier. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm actually quite surprised, from what I heard this was the Apple product that people have least cared about, and their stock hasn't exactly been going up either. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I'm actually quite surprised, from what I heard this was the Apple product that people have least cared about, and their stock hasn't exactly been going up either. 

Their stock is a bizarre one, but at its current rate they'll get to a trillion dollars by the end of the year. which is hilarious. Some firms project 200 a share, others around ~170. 

It is absolutely insane that a TECH company is beating out OIL companies. Apple is going to end up barking up Saudi Aramco's ass, and thats saying a lot. 

Their stock is a bizarre one, but at its current rate they'll get to a trillion dollars by the end of the year. which is hilarious. Some firms project 200 a share, others around ~170. 

It is absolutely insane that a TECH company is beating out OIL companies. Apple is going to end up barking up Saudi Aramco's ass, and thats saying a lot. 

They're already the most valuable company on earth, what's a little more going to do? ;)

I would be surprised if they hit $200, unless the new iPhone is crazy different. $170 makes a little more sense to me. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

And if they did, no doubt people on the internet like you would waste your time to complain about it even though you're as far from the target audience as I am from Beijing.

Not complaining. Just making an exaggerating comment on their marketing. I don't hate Apple. I own an iPod classic because it's hands down the best portable music device.

Still the ugliest looking thing I've seen come out of apple in the past decade.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Still the ugliest looking thing I've seen come out of apple in the past decade.

There is still the iPod sock. 

Or the stupid keyboard they used to include. The one that showed the world your lint, chips and hair collection because it was see through. Oh, the one that also turned yellow after a moments notice. That was pretty damn bad too. 

I think thats awesome :) it will help secure the future of smart watches even further

If I had the money spare right now I would have ordered the sports model , maybe in a few months I can get one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am really sorry for the dumb people that will blindly go and buy it just because it's Apple. This is a smartphone on your wrist, not a watch. Battery life is poor and so is the general usability. How shallow do you have to be to buy and show it off saying it's the best and nothings compares to it. Fuck Apple, fuck the Apple Smartwatch. This really gets my blood to a boiling point- the utter stupidity of mankind.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Apple sheep will buy apple products .

SHOCKING RIGHT?

Who figured that a company that resembles more a cult than anything now will make customers buy everything they sell.

Apple could make a gold turd with the apple logo that functions as a watch and it would sell.

Everything they do , no matter how crap it is it sells.

They made a computer that looked like a trash can and it sold lol.

Last year 6.8Million smart watches where sold, and that was when they were practically new tech and only marketed to the general population later in the year.  Most of those sales would have been tech enthusiasts and geeks.  Apple who have always made tech popular to the general population come along and some people are surprised that sales boom?  People seem to have forgotten what happened to the smart phone market after the first iphone release and sales campaign.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am really sorry for the dumb people that will blindly go and buy it just because it's Apple. This is a smartphone on your wrist, not a watch. Battery life is poor and so is the general usability. How shallow do you have to be to buy and show it off saying it's the best and nothings compares to it. Fuck Apple, fuck the Apple Smartwatch. This really gets my blood to a boiling point- the utter stupidity of mankind.

Sorry if I offend you when I purchase one, let me know if your head explodes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You didn't. I just can't see a person like you buying one? Just why?

A person like me? a tech enthusiast, its a new gadget to play with, and I like Apple gadgets

A person like me? a tech enthusiast, its a new gadget to play with, and I like Apple gadgets

A worthless gadget to me- but still  a gadget. I'm a tech enthusiast too but Apple just doesn't speak to me in terms of "ground breaking tech".

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

A worthless gadget to me- but still  a gadget. I'm a tech enthusiast too but Apple just doesn't speak to me in terms of "ground breaking tech".

Does it have to be ground breaking? I like the design I think it looks cool the interface seems really neat, it will work with my  iPhone 6 and iPad... so it suits me perfectly fine

Just because a product does not suit you, does not mean you can go around telling everyone who buys it is an idiot

Does it have to be ground breaking? I like the design I think it looks cool the interface seems really neat, it will work with my  iPhone 6 and iPad... so it suits me perfectly fine

Just because a product does not suit you, does not mean you can go around telling everyone who buys it is an idiot

"I am really sorry for the dumb people that will blindly go and buy it just because it's Apple"

It's a stupid product to me- that's my opinion.

"I am really sorry for the dumb people that will blindly go and buy it just because it's Apple"

It's a stupid product to me- that's my opinion.

That's fair enough, I just get sick of people dictating how people should spend their money...and I am buying it.. because it is Apple.. I like their stuff.. I barely even have  a use for one, I just want one because I think its cool

not ashamed to admit that

Weird how people go all up and arms about others buying multiple Apple products. Do you do the same thing when buying clothes? "how dare you go to the same store to buy your clothes when this other brand clearly has a different weave which enhances comfort by 13% and reduces sweat while in the sun by 21%!!" "You guys are all sheeps for buying your favorite clothes when there are clearly better alternatives!!!"

Here is my question is what are the most common ways the watch it going to be used and does that justify the cost.

I think this will be like the first gen iPhone, neat product limited almost gimmicky uses.

I still can't find a use for a tablet in my everyday life.

People of this so-called tech forum hating and hating on this product and the people who buy them, my goodness. It's like the words "target audience" just passed by you. You all call people "stupid" for spending hundreds of dollars on a smartwatch when you know nothing about them other than they purchased a fancy watch; it's their right to buy whatever they f*cking want.

What if I called you all idiotic for spending hundreds of dollars, even thousands on the latest GPU or CPU or obscene amounts of money for a keyboard that lit up in RGB just because such products didn't appeal to me, huh? This hatred on mainstream product culture, especially Apple is really freaking toxic.