Metabones Speedbooster compatibility

Will aforementioned product work with my Canon EOS 60D? I don't want to switch lenses every time, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of zoom for a better field of view with my lens

Will aforementioned product work with my Canon EOS 60D? I don't want to switch lenses every time, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of zoom for a better field of view with my lens

If you get the one with the correct mount, (EF I believe), then yes.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

If you get the one with the correct mount, (EF I believe), then yes.

i don't exactly see an EF-EF Speedbooster, does this mean I have to buy a separate lens altogether?

i don't exactly see an EF-EF Speedbooster, does this mean I have to buy a separate lens altogether?

If i'm not mistaken, the way canon produces their bodies in their DSLR series, puts the lens very close to the mirror of the DSLR, making it impossible to create said speedboosters/adapters, this explains why metabones doesnt have any X-brand to canon EF/EF-S adapters or speedboosters, but only the otherway around, allowing for canon lenses to be used on X-brand systems.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

EF-EF Speedbooster

What? You mean put Canon glass on a canon camera?This makes no sense unless I am not understanding you. 

What? You mean put Canon glass on a canon camera?This makes no sense unless I am not understanding you.

OP means a speedbooster so that he has a wider view with the same focallength or glass form Y-brand put on canon camera's if ik not mistaken

OP means a speedbooster so that he has a wider view with the same focallength or glass form Y-brand put on canon camera's if ik not mistaken

Never seen them before, and wide would equal a shorter focal length, sure it is the same lens but say it is 0.5x for an easy number and he had a 24-70, it would function as a 12-35 I'm pretty sure. Never really thought about reverse crop factor.

Never seen them before, and wide would equal a shorter focal length, sure it is the same lens but say it is 0.5x for an easy number and he had a 24-70, it would function as a 12-35 I'm pretty sure. Never really thought about reverse crop factor.

If i'm not mistaken(which i hopefully aren't) speedboosters are at the basics/origin a device that allows cropframe systems to see like a full frame system, removing to keep the 1.3-1.5 multiplication in mind when it comes to focallength adjustment which can be required/usefull in certain fields of photography/videography.

Altough i don't know how metabones works now with that i gues the idea is still roughly the same.

anyway, the idea is/was that with this you could attach full frame lenses with their full view/compatability to a crop frame body, but since canon's systems have the mirror very close to the lens mount and allows for both full frame and crop frame lenses on their crop frame systems like the 60D form OP i doubt speedboosters are of somekind of use on canon related systems when it comes to their own brand lenses, while those speedboosters are unusable anyway because of the way canon puts their DSLR's together(see the mirror mentoined before)

Speedboosters are lens adapters so that you can fit full frame and DSLR lenses onto mirrorless cameras, you cannot just take a Canon camera, and put a speed booster between the body and lens - since you will be increasing the distance the lens is from the sensor - and ruin the whole thing

They work with mirrorless cameras because the distance to the sensor is tiny so an adapter actually makes the distance between the lens and sensor correct when compared to the full size DSLR

So basically no, a metabones adapter is completely unusable to you, you might be able to get a wide angle adapter, but its probably 100x better to just go buy a wide angle lens

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Speedboosters are lens adapters so that you can fit full frame and DSLR lenses onto mirrorless cameras, you cannot just take a Canon camera, and put a speed booster between the body and lens - since you will be increasing the distance the lens is from the sensor - and ruin the whole thing

They work with mirrorless cameras because the distance to the sensor is tiny so an adapter actually makes the distance between the lens and sensor correct when compared to the full size DSLR

So basically no, a metabones adapter is completely unusable to you, you might be able to get a wide angle adapter, but its probably 100x better to just go buy a wide angle lens

Well... there goes the idea. Wide angle lens it is ;)

If i'm not mistaken(which i hopefully aren't) speedboosters are at the basics/origin a device that allows cropframe systems to see like a full frame system, removing to keep the 1.3-1.5 multiplication in mind when it comes to focallength adjustment which can be required/usefull in certain fields of photography/videography.

Altough i don't know how metabones works now with that i gues the idea is still roughly the same.

anyway, the idea is/was that with this you could attach full frame lenses with their full view/compatability to a crop frame body, but since canon's systems have the mirror very close to the lens mount and allows for both full frame and crop frame lenses on their crop frame systems like the 60D form OP i doubt speedboosters are of somekind of use on canon related systems when it comes to their own brand lenses, while those speedboosters are unusable anyway because of the way canon puts their DSLR's together(see the mirror mentoined before)

I know what they are but never seen one for the same lens mount on both sides. 

• 2 weeks later...