A new Fractal Design case, "Define S"?

A tech youtube channel "GFF Events" uploaded a review of a new Fractal Design case called "Define S", which it seems to be a Define R5 without the 5.25" bays ,hdd cages, and the silent placed dense sound-absorbing materials, while providing a stronge support of water cooling...

Fractal-Design-Define-S-01_w_600.jpg

Tomshardware German site also uploaded an article of their review, which revealed the spec of this case...

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
7 expansion slots
3 - 3.5" HDD positions (can also accommodate 2.5" units); 2 - 2.5" dedicated SSD/HDD unit positions
9 - Fan positions (2 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans included); 8 fan positions on window model
Filtered fan slots in the front and bottom
CPU coolers up to 180mm in height
ATX PSUs up to 180/170 mm with a bottom 120/140mm fan installed; When not using any bottom fan location longer PSUs up to 300mm can be used
Graphics cards up to 425 mm in length with front fans installed, without compromising HDD capacity; Graphics cards up to 450mm in length without front fans installed directly in line with the GPU
With a front radiator, maximum graphics card length is reduced by the radiator thickness
20 - 40 mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
Velcro straps included for easy cable management
Both side panels feature smart captive thumbscrews so no thumbscrews are lost
Colours available: Black
Case dimensions (WxHxD): 233 x 451 x 520mm
Case dimensions - with feet/screws/protrusions: 233 x 465 x 533mm
Net weight: 9.1 kg
Package dimensions (WxHxD): 322 x 615 x 535mm
Package weight: 10.8 kg

Cooling system

Front: 3 – 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1200 RPM speed)
Rear: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1200 RPM speed)
Top: 3 - 120/140 mm fan (not included) or 1 - 180 mm fan with 165mm hole spacing (not included)
Bottom: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (not included)
Side: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (not included)
Dust filters: Bottom and front intakes
Water cooling compatibility - Radiators

Front – 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators of all thicknesses
Top – 420, 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators. (A thickness limitation of 55mm for both radiator + fan applies on 420, 280 and 140 mm radiators)
Bottom – 120 mm radiator (Use of radiators in the bottom position limits the PSU length to 165 mm)
Rear – 120 or 140 mm radiator
Water cooling compatibility - Pumps

Pre-drilled holes on the bottom panel, supports many DDC and D5 variants
Water cooling compatibility - Reservoirs

Adjustable mounting brackets allow for almost any rectangular mounting screw pattern
Maximum distance between the mounting bracket screw positions: 350mm height / 80mm width
Front interface

2 USB 3.0
Audio in/out
Power button with LED (blue)
HDD activity LED (blue)
Reset button

http://www.tomshardware.de/fractal-design-define-s-schallgedammt-midi-tower-gehause,testberichte-241794.html (in German)

GFF Event mentioned the pricing would be around AUS $140, but I'm yet to find pricing and release date in the States...

*update: website of the Define S is now on Fractal Design's website....

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s

*update 2: Josh from Fractal Design tweeted about the Define S with an introductory video, thx to @givingtnt for the info

Also, another tech youtuber Bill Owen posted his video about this case as well, and saying the case is around $79.99 Retail for Non-Window version, $89.99 Retail for Window version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtaB29ulk_A

This post has been promoted to an article

Sometimes I fund their designs a little too clean...

Sprinkle dirt on it :P

Sprinkle dirt on it :P

Huehuehue ;)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Huehuehue ;)

But not too much or the clean design will not be seen anymore, it will be dirty.

But not too much or the clean design will not be seen anymore, it will be dirty.

That kinda reminds me of the of the Bf/Gf bad to be a case thread... Things got funky.

That kinda reminds me of the if your Bf/Gf bad to be a case thread... Things got funky.

Weeeeird!!!

Sometimes I fund their designs a little too clean...

step1: Buy sand paper

Step2: Summon your inner psycho

Step3: Wake up the next day and wonder what the heck happened.

Step3: cry

Step 4 was dlc, this is sponsored by Ubisoft

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

-snip snip-

Hahah xD well that would a be a rather Ubisoft move!! :P

Haha, it's pretty obvious they're trying not to sell it to me, without the 5.25 bays or hdd cages. i absolutely need those.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sheesh just saw the video, looks really good, only thing still missing for me is a PSU chamber to get those ugly cables away

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Really cool looking case.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

so, this is fractals answer to the h440!

i like it! especially the way that the hdd's are hidden away

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

so, this is fractals answer to the h440!

i like it! especially the way that the hdd's are hidden away

and probably to NZXT's S340.....

actually I think this would be better as a cube case, like the Node 804, with the psu and hdds in other chamber...

If they had added a PSU shroud to this design, it would be a no-brainer upgrade from the Define R5 for me. 

I've found myself wanting a third intake and more stealthed HDD mounts in my R5. This just takes the cake.

I dunno, after looking at this a bit more, it really seems a bit weird to me. Doesn't have the "they thought of everything" feel that the R5 has. I get why there's no front panel door, but that means no bottom dust filter access from the front, which is a pain.

I wonder how heat & noise are with where the HDDs are mounted in the case.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Sadly I don't like the Define line. I find them to be too commonly used, they don't seem special.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Fractral Design Define, the Porsche 911 of the computer world, on the exterior they all look exactly the same. :lol:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Haha, it's pretty obvious they're trying not to sell it to me, without the 5.25 bays or hdd cages. i absolutely need those.

Yes, I saw that too !

You think the front can me modded to add a 5.25 tray ?

Also, the back has 2 3.5 '' vertical mounts for HDDs, do you really need more (plus 3 more 2,5'' SSD mounts)?

Spoiler

Unless this is drastically cheaper than the 5... i feel like im missing the point of it.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Unless this is drastically cheaper than the 5... i feel like im missing the point of it.

More rad space, pump mounts and res space.

Spoiler