Beyerdynamics MMX300 Headset review - my first review

ShadowCaptain

hahaha good :D I can't watch the video because I hate hearing myself haha

Well, the voice and the video quality kept me watching. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Um, clearly this video was made by somebody named ShadowPanda, not ShadowCaptain.

STOP TRYING TO STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK DAMMIT!!! >:0

Good job - the review was really well done. 

Yeah that new studio mini camera looks awesome, black magic do a pretty cheep external dispay/recorder for about £335 (tempted to get this instead of an atamos since its half the price and seems even better though it doenst have the awesome peaking/false colour and other cool stuff the atomos has)

Blackmagics recorder is also 1080p only, though I'm not sure what the Ninja does. In my mind I'm comparing it to the Shogun.

But at the price points you listed, I would almost certainly go with the studio camera and some sort of external recorder, the GH4 I played with quite extensively for video and found it lacking. Though apparently there has been a firmware update at NAB so it might be really good now.

Well, the voice and the video quality kept me watching. :D

I am glad you liked it

Um, clearly this video was made by somebody named ShadowPanda, not ShadowCaptain.

STOP TRYING TO STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK DAMMIT!!! >:0

Good job - the review was really well done. 

Slowly I am making all of my accounts ShadowPanda, but I have been using ShadowCaptain since I was like 13 :P so I am 50:50 :D

Blackmagics recorder is also 1080p only, though I'm not sure what the Ninja does. In my mind I'm comparing it to the Shogun.

But at the price points you listed, I would almost certainly go with the studio camera and some sort of external recorder, the GH4 I played with quite extensively for video and found it lacking. Though apparently there has been a firmware update at NAB so it might be really good now.

yeah the ninja is 1080p but I can use it with my A7 which is 1080p only too - could never in 100 years afford a Shogun, its not far off  the price of an entire new camera system or insanely good lens / lighting / microphones etc the blackmagic one is much cheaper and records to SD not SSD so its cheap to run too!

I am not sure I would call it lacking, I mean the only downside to MFT is that its POO in low light, and its harder to get nice DOF, but equally its just so much sharper than the images out of my camera - I dont like MFT that much but it seemed an "affordable" option

Honestly I am pretty stuck I have invested lots into my camera so far, and its amazing for stills just not that amazing for video -but it should do the job for now, until I can make some money and upgrade to something more suitable

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sorry thought the A7 was 4K. I mean I found it lacking in image quality (extensions too, but it was image mainly).

But yea, stick with what you have for now, it seems to work very well, with a good microphone. I get ahead of myself :P

Sorry thought the A7 was 4K. I mean I found it lacking in image quality (extensions too, but it was image mainly).

But yea, stick with what you have for now, it seems to work very well, with a good microphone. I get ahead of myself :P

Unfortunately just 1080p and with crappy AVCHD at 24mbps - LAME, hence wanting an external recorder  - I do hope to upgrade to 4k within 12 months - that is my new goal

Yeah I think I want to get an RE320 for voiceover work, some sort of Lav.. when I decide what, and maybe a new shotgun mic - my Rode go is ok but not insanely good and I want insanely good :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Jealous as fuck :( I want to play with one, let me know how you get on

It's good.

It's good.

haha :D I could have guessed that

Heavy too.

yeah I guess if I ever got one it would be mostly static use-  in studio

Yea that's what I'd use mine for mostly, my rig is not that portable.

But the camera itself is pretty great, with CFast media being the only major down side. It's really nice to use, though definitely suited to a crew of at least two, but the high frame rate footage I took was gorgeous.

But I haven't even bought it yet and I already have it rented out for August to pay for itself :P

Yea that's what I'd use mine for mostly, my rig is not that portable.

But the camera itself is pretty great, with CFast media being the only major down side. It's really nice to use, though definitely suited to a crew of at least two, but the high frame rate footage I took was gorgeous.

But I haven't even bought it yet and I already have it rented out for August to pay for itself :P

yeah I am not too concerned about portability, I would plan on getting something small as a secondary unit for things on the move/expos/travel etc but this would not be my intention

ah I am a far way of even considering it, I just don't earn enough money, maybe if I actually do something to make money off photography/videography I could use that money for equiptment, just makes me sad :(

Question : Why the f isnt linus or any other media hiring you ?!?

i mean comon man , you made one of the best review videos that i have ever seen . its been rare sense iv seen a video that is well made ,

hell , i had even truobles with imovie and still couldnt edit .

you keep what you keep making do , know that ill be there to back you up :D

Thanks and stay groovie like a smoothy :D

(⌐■_■) 

SNIP

Why would anyone hire me? I have made one video haha and its my first at that

Thank you, that is some serious praise, honestly I think I can do  much better, the commentary was rushed, the camera work can be improved, everything can be better

But thanks, content will be slow coming out at first, hopefully over time I can ramp up production and get things flowing, but I work full time so this is a spare time thing for now

Why would anyone hire me? I have made one video haha and its my first at that

Thank you, that is some serious praise, honestly I think I can do  much better, the commentary was rushed, the camera work can be improved, everything can be better

But thanks, content will be slow coming out at first, hopefully over time I can ramp up production and get things flowing, but I work full time so this is a spare time thing for now

NOOOO , do not rush or ramp anything up .

the problem in todays world is that quality is faiding away . ever thing is massed produced .

(⌐■_■) 

Hey guys, this is the first review I have ever done. Your feedback is really important to me :) what was good? what was bad? Be critical and honest :)

Anyway, this is probably one of the better if not best headsets on the market - amazing audio, amazing microphone and amazing build quality ... did I say amazing enough? .....Amazing

Please enjoy :) let me know what you think

Nice video, All the right info in as little time as possible.

I've had my MMX300's for just over a year now and I really haven't used them that often (use my speaker mostly), unfortunately they've developed a short in the mic cable (after some wiggling the mic will start working again).  Other then that I can say they do indeed sound great, and are VERY comfy I pretty much forget I'm wearing them.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

NOOOO , do not rush or ramp anything up .

the problem in todays world is that quality is faiding away . ever thing is massed produced .

Oh, I dont do rushing, I have already invested a lot of money, maybe around £2000 so far in equipment, I am a massive self critic, I want to push the quality to the max, I want to have the best looking and sounding videos on the web - and hopefully I will become a more interesting host as time goes goes on and I get more comfortable

Nice video, All the right info in as little time as possible.

I've had my MMX300's for just over a year now and I really haven't used them that often (use my speaker mostly), unfortunately they've developed a short in the mic cable (after some wiggling the mic will start working again).  Other then that I can say they do indeed sound great, and are VERY comfy I pretty much forget I'm wearing them.

Yeah I worry about the fixed cable and mic arm - but they do have 5 years warranty and I have heard they are great to deal with (their email support has been amazing with me)

Oh, I dont do rushing, I have already invested a lot of money, maybe around £2000 so far in equipment, I am a massive self critic, I want to push the quality to the max, I want to have the best looking and sounding videos on the web - and hopefully I will become a more interesting host as time goes goes on and I get more comfortable

Yeah I worry about the fixed cable and mic arm - but they do have 5 years warranty and I have heard they are great to deal with (their email support has been amazing with me)

There's conflicting warranty numbers on the site says 5 year in one place and then 2 years in another.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

There's conflicting warranty numbers on the site says 5 year in one place and then 2 years in another.

I would go by the company website it might be 2 years by your local retailer 5 years manufacturers warranty

Really nice review, love the background music.. only thing is bump up the audio just a tad. The amazing background music was over powering your voice. Other than that, it's a amazing video.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Really nice review, love the background music.. only thing is bump up the audio just a tad. The amazing background music was over powering your voice. Other than that, it's a amazing video.

thanks, will make sure of that in the future, it sounds fine on my headphones and audio equipment but I guess it differs for everyone, its quite hard to judge

thanks, will make sure of that in the future, it sounds fine on my headphones and audio equipment but I guess it differs for everyone, its quite hard to judge

Yeah, I have some crappy/cheap corsair hs40's so I might need a new headset

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I can't watch the video because I hate hearing myself haha

Very good review, especially for a first go. :)

Most pointers have already been mentioned, I just wanted to add one thing. Choosing not to listen to yourself is most likely a mistake. I'm a musician myself, and to listen to yourself (as hard as that can be for a multitude of reasons) is a great way of developing and improve. I found that it could sometimes be a bit hard to hear what you were saying, not volume wise, but I'm talking about enunciation.

I would have liked a bit more depth on the audio aspect, especially since these are high-end headphones, but that has also been commented on.

All in all, very good review, keep up the good work!

Very good review, especially for a first go. :)

Most pointers have already been mentioned, I just wanted to add one thing. Choosing not to listen to yourself is most likely a mistake. I'm a musician myself, and to listen to yourself (as hard as that can be for a multitude of reasons) is a great way of developing and improve. I found that it could sometimes be a bit hard to hear what you were saying, not volume wise, but I'm talking about enunciation.

I would have liked a bit more depth on the audio aspect, especially since these are high-end headphones, but that has also been commented on.

All in all, very good review, keep up the good work!

Thanks :) I did listen to myself, about 498 times while editing it :P I was just making a light hearted joke :D - I am my own worst critic believe me. So far I am amazed the feedback has been so positive, I came away from the final edit pretty disappointed

So hopefully I can improve, finding time to make videos is hard at the moment, but maybe I can dedicate one of my weekend days making stuff

Yeah, as I am sure  you read on here, Its my first time scripting a video and I was not sure how indepth to go, did I want to keep it short and sweet or send 25 minutes talking about khz etc - that said I dont think headphones can be evaluated by spec, only by their audio fidelity which honestly I am not sure how to describe other than the way I did

I think if I was reviewing a product that was more objective and benchmarkable than something subjective, it would be a lot more factual

Anyway, will try and get another video this week/weekend, see if i can change things up somewhat

I did listen to myself, about 498 times while editing it  I was just making a light hearted joke

So sorry, I didn't get that, my bad. :wacko:

Yeah, as I am sure  you read on here, Its my first time scripting a video and I was not sure how indepth to go, did I want to keep it short and sweet or send 25 minutes talking about khz etc - that said I dont think headphones can be evaluated by spec, only by their audio fidelity which honestly I am not sure how to describe other than the way I did

I agree, it's an extremely subjective thing, headphones. I had planned on maybe doing one on the 990's versus the 770's but looking at youtube, they have been covered head to toe already.

And I do wish that people would start pronouncing Beyer as "buyer".