how much wattage do i need

fastblast65

so I'm building my badass gaming rig for 2015 and I don't know which power supply I should buy there is a peak wattage on the pcpartpicker thingamabob measurement scale or whatever but I want to know how what's the maximum wattage I should get in the power supply so that I can run games smoothly and never get random shutdowns here's the pcpartpicker link. by the way I'm using my mobile device is voice typing so if you see any errors in this text please try to figure it out. pcpartpicker.com/p/F9Hrf7 (also I am going to be over my overclocking my CPU from 2.5 gigahertz to 4.0 gigahertz) www.pcpartpicker.com/p/F9Hrf7

you mean 3.5 to 4.0 i was like wtf thats a very ambitious overclock

and i would recommend like an 750 or 800w psu

A good 650w would be plenty but the parts list is questionable.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A good 750watt will work nicely, might get away with a 650 though.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

i would recommend a different ssd like a 256GB mx100 also 32GB of ram will be way overkill for gaming 16GB should be more than enough

A good 650w would be plenty but the parts list is questionable.

if you are talking about the cooler i choose it for its red coolant long lifespan and led inside.

i would recommend a different ssd like a 256GB mx100 also 32GB of ram will be way overkill for gaming 16GB should be more than enough

thx i agree

if you are talking about the cooler i choose it for its red coolant long lifespan and led inside.

It's more than just the cooler. 

What's with the 32GB ram and the plethora of fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i guess he wants to fill all his fan slots with those fans

yeah i know but i run server and other stuff so i do need the ram for all the things i need and the 4.0 upgrade to process all my crap

im trying to get maximum cooling out of my system and hopefully this is the system i will just up grade the gpu cpu and maybe cooler in 4 5 years so

This is more like the life time.even though this build is overkill I'm kind of like a PC enthusiasts with a budget my plan was to stay under a thousand but as I got my PC enthusiast in my douchiness came out I just happen to get all the fans that are led and try to make the PC matches perfect as possible so

yeah i know but i run server and other stuff so i do need the ram for all the things i need and the 4.0 upgrade to process all my crap

I assume you're a heavy user, intended to run the machine for long hours and probably for years to come?

I think you'll need a good 650w to get the machine started, and if you're looking for a few years of service out of your PSU, a good 850w.

I don't see any point of going over that, unless you plan to add more hardware. You'll probably want to upgrade to something even fancier by the time a good 850w psu crap out.

im trying to get maximum cooling out of my system and hopefully this is the system i will just up grade the gpu cpu and maybe cooler in 4 5 years so

This is more like the life time.even though this build is overkill I'm kind of like a PC enthusiasts with a budget my plan was to stay under a thousand but as I got my PC enthusiast in my douchiness came out I just happen to get all the fans that are led and try to make the PC matches perfect as possible so

4-5 years is a bit long of a time between upgrades. I'd suggest spending what you need now and putting the rest towards more frequent future upgrades instead of spending more now and hoping it would last longer--technology doesn't exactly work that way.

4-5 years is a bit long of a time between upgrades. I'd suggest spending what you need now and putting the rest towards more frequent future upgrades instead of spending more now and hoping it would last longer--technology doesn't exactly work that way.

no of course I was saying that I would upgrade between that 2 to 5 year.. like the CPU cooler last for 7 years so that's why I can be a problem change even though if there is a better one I probably will upgrade a jeep you there probably will be better GPUs out in buying one later down the road to upgrade will probably be no problem so that's probably going to be the main thing and before I even upgraded you view those will probably last me a good while so I'm probably going to upgrade the processor before that so yeah I totally agree with what you said I'm not going to try to hope that my parts last 5 years like that's just crazy!

the magic voice typing typing paragraphs in the matters of seconds.

the magic voice typing typing paragraphs in the matters of seconds.

That explains why things don't entirely make sense. Please use sentences.