Triple 1080p OR Single Ultra-wide Setup?

In dire need for monitor upgrade, should I go for triple 1080p/1440p setup or for a single ultrawide display? I can get a great ultrawide monitor for about the same price I can get 3x 1080p ones. Productivity in editing is a huge deal to me, gaming is a huge factor as well. Thank you for any replies in advance.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

In dire need for monitor upgrade, should I go for triple 1080p/1440p setup or for a single ultrawide display? I can get a great ultrawide monitor for about the same price I can get 3x 1080p ones. Productivity in editing is a huge deal to me, gaming is a huge factor as well. Thank you for any replies in advance.

I vote for an Ultrawide... no bezels and a massive amount of real estate. It depends on what you're doing with it more, however.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Well, I've been using triple 1080p for a while now and I really like it. However, my VESA mounting solution isn't the best and I have monitors with large bezels. It's still good for gaming and I really like having three screens, but you'd definitely have a more...solid experience with an ultrawide.

Sig under construction.

Well, I've been using triple 1080p for a while now and I really like it. However, my VESA mounting solution isn't the best and I have monitors with large bezels. It's still good for gaming and I really like having three screens, but you'd definitely have a more...solid experience with an ultrawide.

The no-bezel thing really apeals to me. Im in a vrey simolar boat as you right now with 2x1080p screens and the idea of having those and a bit more in one with no bezel is ecstatic.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

My personal preference would be the Ultrawide, but I think it's all up to personal preference.

You can have more room with three monitors, but you could upgrade to two Ultrawide monitors later.