Video Set

I have been doing tech reviews for a bit and have decided I want to create a set. Currently I use my office set up but it is small with 2 desks, 1 table, a mini fridge. Then add lights and camera it becomes too much. The actual usable space is 4.5 feet by 6, I am able to use a larger space in my basement, it is 6 by 6 except on the single side it is 5.5. Any ideas on what would look good and I could make semi mobile as I have to put it away when I am done.

I do not want a green screen or anything like it.

I have been doing tech reviews for a bit and have decided I want to create a set. Currently I use my office set up but it is small with 2 desks, 1 table, a mini fridge. Then add lights and camera it becomes too much. The actual usable space is 4.5 feet by 6, I am able to use a larger space in my basement, it is 6 by 6 except on the single side it is 5.5. Any ideas on what would look good and I could make semi mobile as I have to put it away when I am done.

GREEEEEEEN SCREEEEEN  GLORY

GREEEEEEEN SCREEEEEN  GLORY

I already have a place for that, not at my house but at my friends where he has one. I am looking for something better than a green screen.

All you really need is a solid color of fabric for a background which you can later change to whatever color or image you want, and plenty of lighting to prevent shadows, or at least major ones.

I'd also recommend using some sort of table or desk for it too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I already have a place for that, not at my house but at my friends where he has one. I am looking for something better than a green screen.

You could also put a simple shelve back there to put some cool gadgets and stuff on... dont distract too much but add some personality to your set.

All you really need is a solid color of fabric for a background which you can later change to whatever color or image you want, and plenty of lighting to prevent shadows, or at least major ones.

I'd also recommend using some sort of table or desk for it too.

Read above, have a green screen and don't want to use it. I want something better, sure you can replace a background, not what I am looking for.

You could also put a simple shelve back there to put some cool gadgets and stuff on... dont distract too much but add some personality to your set.

That's more of along the lines of what I was thinking not sure what else I could do as a single shelf is plain and I would need to build a false wall just for that. If I am going to build one I would like more on it than one thing.

Read above, have a green screen and don't want to use it. I want something better, sure you can replace a background, not what I am looking for.

Maybe do what linus does sometimes and use your kitchen? :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Maybe do what linus does sometimes and use your kitchen? :P

Mine looks bad right now, maybe when renos are done.

with proper room lights you come far already, just remember that linus started with nothing but a person holding the camera and a room with a table/desk to do the reviews/unboxings on.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

with proper room lights you come far already, just remember that linus started with nothing but a person holding the camera and a room with a table/desk to do the reviews/unboxings on.

I know, but being a perfectionist I am always working to improve things. My videos being one. 

I know, but being a perfectionist I am always working to improve things. My videos being one.

In that case,

I would look for a theatre like spot with normal bulb fitting got one of these myself and they are pretty versitile for a 'normal' light since it allows you to focus beams thight or extremely wide, colour filters if needed, softbox use(bouncing form a wall) and by removing one of the focus panels you can use it as aindirect light spreader.

If tou could give i rough sketch/drawing(a little bit realistic on sizes) i could draw some lights in it for you if needed and helps me getting a good image.

other stuff then just lights is also possible^^

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

That's more of along the lines of what I was thinking not sure what else I could do as a single shelf is plain and I would need to build a false wall just for that. If I am going to build one I would like more on it than one thing.

I mean sth like this: temahome-berlin-regale-4l-multiplex-weis