GTX 960 2GB vs 4GB

the_kys

Was just wondering what kind of differences there are between the 4GB and 2GB versions of the GTX 960. I'm looking to pick up a 960, and was wondering if it would be worth it to get the 4GB if I'd be looking to play games such as GTA 5 and the Witcher 3 on 1080P.

Quick CPU and PSU:

CPU: i5 2320 

PSU: I currently have a 460W, and it is fine for now, I will be upgrading after my GPU though. The 960 would be fine for the one I have at the moment.

I was looking at the MSI GTX 960 2GB, and the EVGA 2GB and 4GB ones.

The 4gb versions cost so much more and it's not all that worth it IMO when you could just get a 4gb GTX 970

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

If you could go for the 970 instead, it'd be a great upgrade. I don't really think the 4GB 960 is really worth it.

Sig under construction.

If you could go for the 970 instead, it'd be a great upgrade. I don't really think the 4GB 960 is really worth it.

Don't think the 970 will be happening lol, most likely just going to get a 960. And I guess the 2GB will be fine, and just wondering, how would a GTX 970 go with my CPU?

2gb, 4 are pointless and the extra cost makes an R9 280x or even an R9 290 much more viable.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Don't think the 970 will be happening lol, most likely just going to get a 960. And I guess the 2GB will be fine, and just wondering, how would a GTX 970 go with my CPU?

I think you'd be just about okay bottlenecking wise.

Sig under construction.

2 gigs are not that much considering gta on high-ish settings is at about 2.2 - 2.8 gigs on the vram...

Paul made a video on this:

That is a nice card cause of the other features, and while he did managed to push more than 2gb one of the most heavy hitters for vram, mxaa, was a no go, too much of a performance hit.

Though if you find it for a nice price I say go for it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Paul made a video on this:

That is a nice card cause of the other features, and while he did managed to push more than 2gb one of the most heavy hitters for vram, mxaa, was a no go, too much of a performance hit.

Though if you find it for a nice price I say go for it.

4GB is only $30 more, I'm getting the 4GB