Fanless CPU heatsinks

woox

I am planning on making a silent build and have been on the lookout for some fanless CPU heatsinks. The only one I have found as of now that officially supports fanless mode (and by "officially" I mean that it is stated at the company's website) is the Deepcool Lucifer, but I can't seem to find it in any store that is remotely close to me. Then I read on a forum that pretty much any heatsink can be used "fanless" as long as it is really big in size and has a low FPI count. Can anyone confirm this? Are there any other characteristics I should look out for? Also I would appreciate if you could suggest me a few CPU heatsinks that support fanless mode, or ones that would be good at it.

Thank you for the help!

Then I read on a forum that pretty much any heatsink can be used "fanless" as long as it is really big in size and has a low FPI count.

Seems about right.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well if you go with NoFan products, they're designed for fanless operation.

Or you could use a Dark Rock Pro 3 like Linus did with his silent build guide:

Sig under construction.

The NoFan CR-95C is available on Amazon and Ebay but it is more expensive than some high end coolers.

It's massive though. Like seriously massive. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've seen the nofan stuff and honestly, the price is almost as insane as the size of the thing, I would go with a big dual tower, Noctua NH-D15/14, Thelmalright Silver Arrow, Cryorig Ultimate, Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 and the Phanteks one which name i always forget. I really wouldn't OC on a fully passive system and i would keep the fans, you can shut them off and only use them if you really need them with the mobo's Bios

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Thermalright Macho Zero

logan used this in pistol's x99 build and he said it worked but he added a fan so he could overclock, he used this on a 5820k, so i'd imagine if you have an lower powered cpu you'd be fine

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace