[Finished] The silent cube: Pushing passive cooling to the limit with dual GTX 980 - [Update 21: Liquid Cristal Thermometer]

WIth your graphics cards in that orientation, PCIe extenders are obviously required. Are you not worried about the EMI between them?

I definitly am. The ribbon cables are a nightmare for the signal this fast, even dougth they are differential. I can shild the cables with conductive foil and ground it. When it doesn't help I have so spend 100 $ to buy a professional riser like 8KC3-0726-0250 from M3.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

This looks neat as hell, definitely subbed.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

EDIT: This are renderings of the first version. I will leave them here for historical reason.

I let my PC render a few hours....

Back:

post-216771-0-97782300-1429557252_thumb.

post-216771-0-74511700-1429557257_thumb.

Top:

post-216771-0-80599200-1429557263_thumb.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

still looks cool as hell, now do it with a amd card  :lol:

If you want to set your place on fire, then feel free to do so  :D

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

still looks cool as hell, now do it with a amd card  :lol:

When I'm allowed to heat up the card to 95°C I can get rid of ~30% more heat. But the PSU will have a hard time and you migth burn your hand on the heat sinks :)

When I'm allowed to heat up the card to 95°C I can get rid of ~30% more heat. But the PSU will have a hard time and you migth burn your hand on the heat sinks :)

But think about about the possibilities: You could have a barbecue while gaming :D

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

This is really cool.

Or I hope it will be cool, no fans gets hot

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is awesome. Having not done CAD work to this extent I was wondering if you created all those parts yourself or if you downloaded them from some sort of parts library?Specifically something like the psu or gpu.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

This is awesome. Having not done CAD work to this extent I was wondering if you created all those parts yourself or if you downloaded them from some sort of parts library?Specifically something like the psu or gpu.

To be honest I donwloaded and modified a lot of them. I get the models from www.grabcad.com, its a grat site. The manufacturer of the heat sinks also provided the .stp model. I'm electrical engineer, not a draftsman. My skill in CAD work is limited. Therefor I'm glad I can use pre-done elements.

To be honest I donwloaded and modified a lot of them. I get the models from www.grabcad.com, its a grat site. The manufacturer of the heat sinks also provided the .stp model. I'm electrical engineer, not a draftsman. My skill in CAD work is limited. Therefor I'm glad I can use pre-done elements.

I'm a mechanical engineering student so I would love to throw together prototypes like this over the summer. I'll be sure to look through that site thanks.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I'm a mechanical engineering student so I would love to throw together prototypes like this over the summer. I'll be sure to look through that site thanks.

Oh cool. When you are eager to draw a model, I suggest you make a Asrock Z97M OC Fromula. ;)

But think about about the possibilities: You could have a barbecue while gaming :D

With the passive system I'm using rigth now, I once defrosted a buffer from the refrigerator. After a bit of rendering the butter had the rigth temperature me girlfriend could make cookies ^^

Update 1: 38 kg heat sinks ordered

So I got some quotes from swiss resellers for the heat sinks. But they are all ridiculous. I'm not paying 1500 CHF for three heat sinks....

Now I ordered directly from Slovakia, for one quarter of the price. Normaly I try to buy localy, but four times more? No way.

Anyway I ordered 38 kg of heat sinks now ;)

I also changed the size a litte bit. Theay are taller now (400 mm).

post-216771-0-46842700-1429826321_thumb.

post-216771-0-60476200-1429826324_thumb.

post-216771-0-26124000-1429909954_thumb.

Holy shit Batman  :D This is going to be amazing.

Finished reading your previous build and thought that was really, really impressive and then saw this.  :o

Keep up the good work :)

Gonna be doing any sort of undervolting?

Stubbed.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.